What is Cars for Homes?
- Habitat for Humanity’s national car donation program.
- The program is staffed by full-time Habitat for Humanity employees who monitor and manage all activities undertaken by Advanced Remarketing Services, Inc.
- Proceeds from all sales through Cars for Homes go to your local Habitat for Humanity affiliate.
Who is Advanced Remarketing Services, Inc.?
- Habitat’s authorized national agent that processes all vehicle donations to Habitat for Humanity.
- ARS handles title transfer, towing and reporting of all vehicle donations.
- ARS accepts vehicle donations online through CarDonationWizard.com  and via their call center at 1-877-277-4344.
How does the Cars for Homes vehicle donation process work?
- Read more here: How car donations work .
What kinds of vehicles can be donated?
- Recreational vehicles
- Farm equipment
- Construction equipment
What if the vehicle is not running?
- Cars for Homes accepts any vehicle as long as it is whole and has four inflated tires (so it can be moved by our towing operators).
- In rare cases, Cars for Homes may be unable to accept a vehicle if the cost of transport and processing fees would exceed the auction value of the vehicle.
How long will it take to have my vehicle picked up?
- Donated vehicles are typically picked up within two or three days after the title is received by our processing center.
- You can speed up the donation process by providing information and downloading documents online .
- Special arrangements can be made whenever car donations must be made more quickly.
What documents do I need to donate a car?
- Most states require a clear title to the vehicle, and some states also require a notarized signature or additional forms to complete a vehicle donation.
- If you cannot locate or have lost the certificate of title, we can help you obtain the proper documentation and forms.
What if the vehicle is not registered in my name?
- The vehicle does not need to be registered in your name.
- The name on the title may often differ from the name on the registration documents.
- Call Cars for Homes at 877-277-4344 for more information.
How do I know my vehicle is in good hands once it’s been picked up?
- Habitat for Humanity uses a licensed and insured national transportation network and complies with all federal and state regulations.
- By signing the title directly to Advanced Remarketing Services, you are legally transferring ownership of your vehicle to Habitat for Humanity.
- When your title is received and your vehicle is picked up, you are no longer responsible for the vehicle.
How much of the money generated by the sale of my car donation goes to Habitat for Humanity?
- On a monthly basis, Advanced Remarketing Services returns over 80 percent of the gross revenue generated from vehicle sales to Cars for Homes. This percentage is more than any other vehicle processing entity.
What are the tax benefits of donating my car to Habitat for Humanity?
- Read more here: Tax benefits of your car donation .
What if I have more questions?
- Contact us at email@example.com .
I’m ready to donate my car. Where do I start?
This information was provided courtesy of CarDonationWizard.com , a service of Advanced Remarketing Services, Inc.