How do I start the vehicle donation process?
- Call Cars for Homes toll-free at 1-877-277-4344 or make your boat, truck, RV or car donation online .
- You will be asked to provide information about the vehicle you wish to donate, including the make, model, vehicle identification number (VIN) and current mileage.
- Most vehicles with proper title information are accepted, unless the costs of processing and towing fees exceed the auction value of the vehicle.
What happens after my vehicle is accepted?
- You will be given instructions for processing the vehicle’s title. If the title cannot be located, assistance is available.
- Your donated car is then assigned for pickup and sale.
- Arrangements are then made to have the title processed.
- You will be contacted to coordinate the vehicle and key pickup by a licensed and insured member of the national network of contractors who work for Advanced Remarketing Services, Habitat for Humanity’s authorized agent.
What happens after my vehicle is picked up?
- Your vehicle will be sold through a national network of diverse venues on behalf of Habitat for Humanity.
- After the car has been sold, you will receive an acknowledgement letter thanking you for your support and providing the vehicle sale information. This letter may be used as a receipt for tax deduction purposes; additional tax documents will be provided when required by IRS regulations as a result of the sale value of the vehicle.