There is much to celebrate.
- Since its founding in 1976, Habitat for Humanity has built or repaired more than 800,000 houses with people in need of decent, affordable shelter.
- Today, more than 4 million people are now living in Habitat homes.
Still, the needs are great. In the United States alone…
- More than 33 million people live in poverty.
- Approximately one-third of the total U.S. population faces housing problems.
- More than 5.1 million American families pay more than half their income for housing, endure overcrowded conditions or live in houses with severe physical deficiencies.
- The number of affordable rental units continues to shrink.
There is more to build.
- The numbers tell us we need to do more — much more.
- Habitat for Humanity and its partners are committed to a world where every man, woman and child has a safe and healthy place to live.
Help us build even more decent, affordable houses.
Donate securely online .