As Habitat for Humanity International’s chief executive officer, Jonathan T.M. Reckford marshals his vision, leadership and passion for service to guide our global nonprofit in a rapidly changing world.
During Reckford's decade as CEO, Habitat has grown from partnering with 25,000 families annually to more than 300,000 a year in the U.S. and more than 70 countries.
"Since our founding in 1976, Habitat has partnered with more than 5 million families," Reckford says. "It is incredible to see how simple, decent and stable housing can provide a pathway out of poverty. We can increase our impact exponentially as we engage more supporters in our mission to build homes, communities and hope."
- With a start on Wall Street, Reckford went on to hold executive and managerial positions at Goldman Sachs, Marriott, the Walt Disney Co. and Best Buy.
- As a student at Stanford Graduate School of Business, Reckford was awarded the Henry Luce Scholarship for Young American Leaders and traveled to South Korea to work with the Seoul Olympic Organizing Committee.
- Reckford was serving as executive pastor of a 4,300-member church in Edina, Minn., when he received a call about the leadership position at Habitat.
- Reckford holds degrees from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and Stanford Graduate School of Business, where he serves on the board.
- He also sits on the boards of InterAction, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta and Duke Center for the Advancement of Social Entrepreneurship. He is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations and the Urban Steering Committee for the World Economic Forum.
Recent posts by Reckford