As a Disaster Corps volunteer, what would I do?
You will be trained to apply your professional experience and skills to disaster settings. You might help with:
- Disaster preparedness
- Post-disaster assessment
- Resource development
- Community development
- Volunteer coordination
- Construction management
What skills do I need?
If you possess any of skills below, you may be a great candidate for Disaster Corps:
- A positive attitude.
- Physical stamina.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Flexible world view and cultural sensitivity.
- High-pressure stress management.
- Proactive work ethic and willingness to perform hands-on tasks.
- Availability on short notice.
- Ability to work in unstable or resource-poor environments.
- Strong interpersonal and diplomatic communication skills.
- Leadership skills and ability to promote a team-building environment.
- Experience with computers and standard office equipment (HF, VHF and satellite radio experience a plus).
- Adaptability and willingness to listen to affiliate needs before offering suggestions.
Where can I get more information?
How do I volunteer?
Volunteer with Disaster Corps 
Contact us