How does the program work?
- Habitat selects partner families based on income, need and willingness to partner.
- Habitat affiliates use volunteer labor and donated materials to keep costs low and take no profit for their services.
- A no-interest loan is made to the homeowner to cover the cost of the project. Payments are placed in a revolving fund to help A Brush with Kindness serve others in need.
- This program would not be possible without the generosity of Valspar, the cofounder and underwriter of the A Brush with Kindness program.
Why does Habitat for Humanity offer these exterior maintenance services?
- Families live in safe and well-maintained homes.
- Neighborhoods are revitalized.
- Community connections are made.
- Affordable housing inventory is preserved.