Affiliates, what are they?
- Community-level Habitat for Humanity offices that service a specific area in partnership with and on behalf of Habitat for Humanity International.
- Each affiliate coordinates all aspects of Habitat home building in its local area—fundraising; building site selection; partner family selection and support; house construction; and mortgage servicing.
Local, grassroots organizations helping to provide simple, decent housing in their communities
- Affiliates are formed by a group of concerned citizens who want to address the problem of poverty housing in their community.
- These citizens research the community’s needs and resources and evaluate the potential success of Habitat’s model in their community.
- The group then applies to Habitat for Humanity International for formal affiliation.
- Affiliates operate within the framework of the Habitat Affiliate Covenant but remain independently run, nonprofit organizations.
Joining forces to build affordable houses with families in need
- Currently, more than 1,400 affiliates in the United States and about 70 national organizations around the world coordinate Habitat efforts to build, rehabilitate and repair homes with those who cannot access conventional home loans. Through their work, Habitat has served more than 800,000 families.
- Habitat affiliates build houses, while Habitat for Humanity International provides a wide range of support services and resources.
- Some affiliates in developing countries also receive funding grants from Habitat for Humanity International.
Helping to eliminate poverty housing worldwide
- All Habitat affiliates are asked to tithe  a percentage of their contributions to fund house-building work in other nations.
- These contributions provide much-needed funds for international building and give affiliates the opportunity to demonstrate the spirit of Christian partnership.
There are several ways to get more information about joining or forming a Habitat affiliate:
- To find an affiliate near you, use our local affiliate search engine .
- Email  us with your name and contact information.
- Call our help line at 1-800-HABITAT. The help line can provide information about the process of forming a Habitat for Humanity affiliate if none currently exists in your area.
- Request information by writing to Habitat for Humanity International, 121 Habitat Street, Americus, Georgia, 31709-3498, USA.