Reports to: President/CEO
The finance director is responsible for the operations and administration of the financial management function for the organization, including the development and implementation of pertinent, effective and efficient financial systems, controls and procedures which will enable the affiliate to achieve a sound and viable financial base.
Key responsibility area: general administration
- Develop, implement and maintain all financial record keeping for accountability and compliance.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and supporting schedules in a timely, accurate and concise manner.
- Ensure controls are in place to protect and safeguard the financial assets of the affiliate.
- Manage all aspects of the affiliate mortgage portfolio and homes including transition process from construction to family home ownership.
- Ensure all revenue guidelines and regulations are met in a timely and effective manner including the issuance of all charitable receipts and correspondence.
- Ensure all insurance and legal matters are administered in a timely and effective manner.
- Assume liaison and training responsibilities to support any area of the affiliate’s program needs as directed by the president/CEO.
- Monitor and maintain property records and tax records, exercising controls over records, tax liabilities and payments.
Key responsibility area: financial management and development
- Coordinate the preparation of budgets and provide financial information to audits and reports.
- With respect to special projects, events, construction, fundraising and other operations, ensure that accounting standards are timely and accurate, and provide effective liability protection and cost controls, and ensure the adherence to sound budget practices.
- Provide financial information for the development of new projects and programs.
- Provide timely financial reporting to the president/CEO on matters of policy, guidelines and procedures.
- Forecast and monitor cash requirements to ensure the availability of funds.
- Review cash requirements and forecasts with the president/CEO.
- Responsible for all A/R and A/P activities.
- Prepare and distribute all reporting forms and reports to HFHI, regional and affiliate in a timely manner.
- Facilitate the annual audit, manage the actual audit relationship with the auditor, and furnish all needed data in conformity to stated procedure.
- Provide accurate tracking of construction costs for individual construction sites.
- Maintain reports to facilitate the grant renewal cycle and complete grant makers performance reporting and program evaluation requests.
Key responsibility area: personnel
- Maintain all employee records.
- Maintain all payroll activities.
- Review IRS and other government agency changes as they affect employees and implement notifications and procedural changes as needed.
- Manage personnel benefit
Key responsibility area: property management
- Provide oversight or maintenance of individual and detailed mortgage information and provide such records and information to homeowners and staff as requested and required.
- Provide and monitor for all aspects of mortgage collection including escrow and act as the liaison between homeowners and HFHMC.
- Manage all aspects of house closings, property donations and property sales closings.
- Maintain accurate files on all homeowners and family applicants.
- Ensure integrity of current data entry systems.
Skills and experience
- Accounting accreditation or equivalent experience in the accounting function within the not for profit sector.
- Minimum of five years of business experience obtained within a financial institution.
- Previous experience with an affiliate or volunteer organization.
- Effective written, oral and presentation skills.
- Previous management experience.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities.
- Strong experience base in working with spread sheet and word processing software packages.
- Strong analytical skills.
Please send resume to HFHSWA, Attn: CEO, P.O. Box 16422, Mobile, AL 36616, or email resume to email@example.com .