Flatirons Habitat for Humanity has an exciting opportunity for an experienced organization leader to drive the growth and positive impact for this established community resource. Our new executive director will report to the board of directors and manage an annual budget of $2 million, a staff of 11 full-time employees and a supportive group of volunteers.
This individual will manage and accomplish the objectives of the Flatirons affiliate of Habitat for Humanity through developing and implementing strategic and operational plans and integrating the work of departmental leaders, staff and volunteers into coherent, consistent and effective programs of advocacy, construction, finances and family support resulting in breaking the cycle of poverty through successful home ownership for participant families.
Our affiliate has been successful in the past but the board of directors sees opportunities for expanding funding sources, increasing acquisition of real estate inventory and energizing staff and volunteers to greater levels of productivity. Our service area is ripe for the mission of Flatirons Habitat for Humanity to increase its accomplishments if the right leader, with the energy, persistence and commitment is willing to pick up the challenge.
Some of the primary responsibilities for the executive director position involve:
- Working with the board of directors and staff to develop and implement strategic and operational plans.
- Building a team of operational managers that understand their roles and developing the collaborative skills to support each other in accomplishing their goals of fundraising, land acquisition, construction, family selection, family support and thrift store operation, as well as oversight and mobilization of volunteers in all these activities.
- Developing with the development director a strategic approach to fundraising by cultivating, soliciting and stewarding individual, corporate, foundation and faith community donors.
- Ensuring financial, ethical and procedural accountability to the board and funders.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ability to organize and manage programs, projects and people to achieve organizational goals.
- Understand, appreciate and embrace a personal commitment to the mission of Habitat for Humanity.
- Problem-solving skills that show ingenuity, persistence and flexibility.
- Ability to exercise persuasiveness and obtain interest and cooperation from outside resources, including success in fundraising and capital campaigns.
- Bachelor's degree in business, public relations, communications, management or related field, or equivalent experience. An advanced degree is a plus.
- A minimum of six years of related experience including organizational management and leadership.
- Demonstrated responsibility and success with managing organizations and achieving results.
- Ability to astutely create and manage budgets.
- Community development experience is a plus.
The Flatirons Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity employer (qualified ex-military personnel are encouraged to apply) and will discuss limited relocation support with you if you are hired. The budgeted base salary for this position is from $70,000 to $80,000 and includes a benefits program.
Please send your resume, cover letter describing how your work and life experience qualify you for this position, and contact information for at least two professional references. Email applicant materials to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Applications received before January 7, 2013, will be given special attention, but the position will remain open until the successful candidate has been chosen. We expect the hire date to be early in the 2013 second quarter.