Reports to: Executive director
Direct reports: Habitat ReStore staff and other employees who may be temporarily assigned
Iindirect reporting: Volunteers, vendor personnel
Generate revenue, meet budgets and maintain profitability objectives in support of Habitat for Humanity operations through the acquisition, management and marketing of Habitat ReStore products. Create positive visibility and face of Habitat in the local community, presenting the mission and scope of Habitat for Humanity International and its affiliates.
- Implemens and drive programs for donation.
- Provide sustained network development to expand the scope of Habitat ReStore activities and develop long-term, collaborative relationships with community-based trade/business groups, churches, donors and others to secure donations and raise awareness of our mission in the community.
- Operations management, including consistent, safe and positive development of associates and assets in order to provide a high quality donor to customer experience.
- Drive donations, sales and profits of the Habitat ReStore to further the local affiliate mission.
- Demonstrate and train staff in outstanding service to customers, donors, volunteers and others.
- Establish and maintain relationships with potential and existing donors, including individuals, businesses, community and church groups to increase quality and quantity of merchandise donations.
- Understand and communicate to all associate positions the key performance metrics for all Habitat ReStore operations and how they relate/contribute to positive customer experience and high quality operations.
- Ensure Habitat ReStore is adequately staffed and operated by associates with knowledge, skills, abilities and leadership to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Prepare and deliver (or supervise/participate in the delivery of) presentations in individual and group settings to create and expand long-term mutually beneficial relationships with current and prospective donors, civic/business organizations, governmental bodies and other nonprofit organizations.
- Ensure all personnel understand and can effectively communicate the Habitat ReStore, local affiliate and HFH missions to members of the public.
- Effectively manage Habitat ReStore assets to ensure safety of employees, volunteers, customers and others, ensuring that licenses and other required information are maintained properly for government bodies and others as appropriate.
Public relations, marketing and advertising
- Participate in developing and implementing a public relations plan to work with local organizations and media to further the mission of Habitat ReStore and our affiliate.
- Participate in developing, rolling out and measuring marketing and advertising programs to increase donations, sales and volunteer participation.
- Develop and present proposals to the executive director for direct approval or support for presentation to the board.
Staff and volunteer management
- Hire, train and manage Habitat ReStore associates in accordance with relevant personnel and safety policies and take steps to ensure staff is well versed so that all policies and practices are understood an adhered to.
- Evaluate, recognize and reward staff performance. Work with designated affiliate functions, when required, to address violations of policy including safety, poor job performance or misconduct in a timely and appropriate manner. Properly document incidents, and develop corrective actions. Resolve situations involving volunteers in consultation with the volunteer coordinator and the executive director when required.
Finance and administration
- Implement and monitor systems for daily cash transactions and deposits.
- Provide accurate accounting records of revenues and expenses as required or requested.
- Approve employee recording of time worked.
- Approve, ensure accurate coding and submit payable invoices on a timely basis. Communicate questionable invoices to AP and ensure expenditures are held within acceptable limits.
- Work in conjunction with the executive director and finance to develop annual operating budgets and recommend capital expenditures.
Reporting and communications
- Provide reports of designated activities including but not limited to: sales, expenses, outreach activities and other areas of interest to their immediate supervisor, executive director, CEO or board.
- Information, work and safety practices are reinforced with associates and others who will be in the facility and property.
- Keep executive director informed appropriately and timely of operational and financial matters.
Required skills and experience
- A minimum of three years’ responsible leadership, directing successful teams and accountable for meeting objectives.
- Solid application of interpersonal and communications skills, internally and externally, with groups and individuals.
- The ability and willingness to call on existing and potential donors to increase merchandise in the store.
- Demonstrated ability in training, managing, leading and developing associates in a consistent, positive and safety conscious manner.
- Basic computer skills, including spreadsheets, word processing, presentations and email.
- A history of successfully adapting to rapidly changing conditions with unexpected shifts in priorities.
- Ability to safely lift and position merchandise. Job entails occasional bending, kneeling and reaching, often in awkward or tiring positions. Bulk of time will be spent standing, walking and otherwise assisting customers.
- Ethical leadership demonstrating consistent high standards of integrity and accountability.
- Excellent leadership skills including associate selection, training, coaching and developing.
- Team building though positive and effective communications and strong interpersonal skills.
- Innovation based on sound business acumen and consideration of a range of risk and reward factors.
- Initiative represented by “a sense of urgency” energy, enthusiasm, attention to detail and follow up.
- Adaptability: a quick, sound and positive decision maker in rapidly changing conditions; anticipating, addressing and solving problems.
- A relationship builder for cooperative, mutually beneficial and long-term relationships.
- Personal presence, projecting a professional image in speech and demeanor in interactions with others in multiple venues and scenarios.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com .