You are tasked with developing the procedures to manage and maintain compliance for all area multilateral and bilateral grants, in accordance with donor requirements. You’ve most likely designed and prepared reports using SUN Systems/Vision XL/Vision Executive, MRT or another similar reporting tool the Area has that directly pulls transactions from SUN database. You are well versed in GAAP and database management. In this position, you design, develop and maintain the grants management database and filing system for all grant agreements, modifications and financial reports.
- Work very closely with area and national offices staff on grant finance issues in the area; monitoring grant compliance throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
- Act as the point person in the area with HQ and donor agencies (i.e. USAID, EU, DIFID, etc.) on issues related to grant management
- Develop training and resource materials related to grant finance accountability for use by field staff and ensure all staff within area that handle grants are properly trained on grant requirements for programs they are working on.
- Maintain and monitor Databases tracking of all grants to ensure compliance and capture any grant issues and/or audit findings.
- Develop initiatives to build up the number of qualified grant finance staff/grant accountants in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Bachelor Degree (Finance, Accounting or similar preferred) 5 years of relevant hands on experience in accounting
- Solid knowledge of GAAP, internal control systems, and Government Auditing Standards
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) and experience working with several different accounting software packages required
- International experience
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- Knowledge of and experience with major donor agencies such as USAID, EU, DIFID
- Knowledge of Development work is also preferred
- Training, developing/mentoring, supervising a large pool of staff in a decentralized environment
Our Asia-Pacific region consists of a little over 20 countries throughout the region and is considered our largest area, based on number of construction projects completed annually. Last year, we served over 35,000 families within the AP region in construction efforts. Our efforts include everything from working with communities to rebuild after devastating disasters to providing technical assistance on improvements to existing homes or partnering with families to repair or build a new home. Our Area Office is based in Bangkok, Thailand and our Area’s Satellite office is based in Metro Manila, Philippines. Over the years, Habitat has been active in Afghanistan, Australia, Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, Fiji, India, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar (Burma), Nepal, New Zealand, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, the Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, South Korea, Thailand, Timor Leste (East Timor), Vietnam and several smaller Pacific Island nations.