Since 1990, we have been building simple, affordable homes with Habitat families and volunteers. We serve Black Hawk, Bremer and Butler Counties.
Iowa Heartland Habitat for Humanity focuses on home-ownership  as its solution to affordable housing. By offering no-interest mortgages and accepting sweat-equity  as a down payment , we are able to offer affordable home ownership opportunities to families who would otherwise not qualify  for a mortgage .
Over more than 20 years we have provided more than 110 families high quality neighborhood living. We continue to build at the rate of 12-plus homes a year. We are a $1.1million affiliate that due to the planned retirement of our current director is currently looking for someone to lead us on to continued growth and opportunity.
This position will start on or around November 1, 2013.
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and demonstrate effectiveness in professional roles which enable him/her to promote Habitat for Humanity in the community.
- Represent Habitat for Humanity to funding sources, governmental entities, the media and to the general public.
- Possess and demonstrate effective administration and leadership skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with a non-profit board of directors and volunteers.
- Must have the ability to be responsive and sensitive to differences in cultural and socioeconomic values of stakeholders.
- Demonstrate the ability to create and manage complex organizational budgets. Have a clear understanding of accounting principles related to the preparation of financial statements, program and unit cost analysis, fiduciary responsibilities and trust fund management.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Habitat for Humanity and Habitat for Humanity International affiliate system and programs.
- Bachelor’s degree and experience in housing, social services, nonprofit entities or closely related businesses.
If you are interested, please send your resume to:
Bradley M. Strouse
Redfern, Mason, Larson & Moore, P.L.C.
415 Clay Street
Cedar Falls, IA 50613