Windy City Habitat for Humanity in Chicago is seeking a person to join our construction team as a construction supervisor. The position reports to the director of field operations and requires extensive remodeling and new construction skills, management expertise and a willingness to work with volunteers. WCHFH will be doing several small exterior repair projects throughout the year and will also start at least one new home in the fall.
- Lead and manage crew leaders, volunteers and future/current homeowners on specific construction tasks. Volunteers will have varying levels of construction experience and skills and so they must be mentored and supervised closely.
- Deliver consistent and high quality work using industry standard methodologies and materials.
- Coordinate with director on all subcontractor scheduling and material ordering.
- Monitor and supervise subcontractors on the site.
- Coordinate with director to ensure projects stays on budget and on time. Repair projects are scheduled for two to three days in duration and have varying budgets.
- Responsible for taking deliveries of materials and supplies and safeguarding them.
- Responsible for scheduling and standing all city inspections.
- Attend weekly staff meetings at WCHFH office and provide updates.
- Work with director and volunteer coordinator to ensure quality control of volunteer flow and work schedules.
- Adhere to safety policy and practices, and create a positive and encouraging work atmosphere.
- The ideal candidate must have a minimum of five years’ residential construction experience and possess a valid construction supervisor's license.
- Experience in exterior home repairs and remodeling is crucial.
- Knowledge of local building codes and energy efficiency building models are required.
- Agreement with the mission of Habitat and its unique volunteer model.
- Must have a clean driving record, pass drug test and background check and must have dependable transportation.
- Working with volunteers requires special skills and attitudes. Candidate will need to be able to provide support, help others feel valued and appreciated, communicate understanding and make sure everyone is involved while simultaneously delivering a high quality product.
This is a full-time salaried position, requiring a workweek of Tuesday – Saturday and some occasional evenings as required.
Windy City Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity employer. This organization does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Resumes accepted via email only: email@example.com . Application deadline is March 22, 2013.