Lexington Habitat for Humanity is currently accepting applications for a full-time community outreach coordinator to develop, market and enhance the affiliate’s relationships in the community while assessing community capacity and competence to solve housing issues. The person will also identify/qualify community outreach prospects to ensure the initiatives have a continuous supply of prospects for partnerships.
Purpose: Develop, market and enhance the affiliate’s relationships in the community while assessing community capacity and competence to solve housing issues. Identify and qualify community outreach prospects to ensure the initiatives have a continuous supply of prospects.
Time commitment: Full-time, some evenings and weekends
Direct supervisor: Resource development director
Permits and licenses: Valid driver’s license
- Three years of professional experience working with volunteers, donors and/or community.
- Outreach activities preferred.
- Proven management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and analytically.
- Ability to write clearly and with brevity.
- Knowledge of current trends within philanthropy and human service organizations preferred.
- Skill in analyzing and organizing information to identify philanthropic patterns, tendencies and relationships.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work independently, prioritize work and manage multiple priorities on deadline and integrate the work of prospect research into overall advancement office goals.
- Good communications skills and a professional attitude appropriate to working with volunteers.
- Ability to use multiple electronic resources for research purposes.
- Strong computer skills using Excel, MS Word, and the Web.
- Ability to learn eTapestry and other database systems.
- Willingness to work in a team environment.
- Ability to connect with people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Passionate about the mission of Habitat for Humanity.
- Develop a plan to build and/or strengthen community outreach relationships, including identification and cultivation of community outreach prospects.
- Build awareness of Habitat and its programs through speaking engagements, marketing tools and media outlets.
- Help develop and update community outreach manual, plan and needed training materials.
- Execute day-to-day management of community outreach.
- Prepare necessary materials for calls and meetings (strategy memos, briefings, agendas) Set up and staff community outreach meetings and handle meeting follow-up steps/action items
- Ensure that next steps are identified and tracked for all community outreach.
- Provide timely and accurate records and reports from community outreach efforts.
- Set up and maintain community outreach budget and monitor expenses.
- Work closely with resource development staff to provide content for Habitat’s website and newsletter that communicates the ways that affiliate seeks to engage with community partners.
- Ensure that all call reports and contact updates are recorded in eTapestry or some other electronic repository.
In accordance with the American Disabilities Act:
This position requires the physical ability to sit, walk, and/or stand for prolonged periods of time. This individual must also have the use of all stand, stoop, bend, grasp and/or hold to complete office work. The normal senses, to include, but not limited to sight, hearing, smell and taste while possessing the ability to work place will be in the office, which is smoke-free and temperature controlled. Some work may be in non-temperature-controlled conditions, possibly outdoors.
The Lexington Habitat equal opportunity employment policy prohibits discrimination because of race, religion, sex, age, ethnic background, color, national or local origin, creed, ancestry, status with regard to public assistance, martial or family status, disability, military service, sexual orientation or other characteristics protected by law.
Please click here  to view the job description.
A letter of interest, resume, and salary requirements can be sent to Lexington Habitat for Humanity, Attn: Dana Stefaniak, 700 E. Loudon Ave., Lexington, KY 40505, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Resumes accepted through September 19, 2012.
Lexington Habitat for Humanity is an ecumenical Christian ministry partnering with volunteers and donors to eliminate substandard housing. Families in need achieve homeownership by purchasing simple, decent, affordable homes they help build with community partners.