Habitat for Humanity Greater Boston, Inc. is an independent affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International dedicated to eliminating substandard housing and homelessness worldwide and to making adequate, affordable shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat is founded on the conviction that every man, woman and child should have a simple, decent and affordable place to live in dignity and safety.
The Habitat ReStore is a venture of Habitat for Humanity Greater Boston, Inc., that sells donated building materials, appliances and furniture to the public to raise funds for more affordable housing opportunities in our community. It will also help protect the environment by promoting re-use of materials that would otherwise be disposed of in landfills. Anticipated revenues from the Habitat ReStore will make Habitat Greater Boston less dependent on charitable contributions and provide a catalyst for affiliate growth.
- Assist store manager in organizing and managing all aspects of store operations, sales, merchandising and public relations.
- Supervise and coordinate staff and volunteers to assure appropriate day-to-day management of the Habitat ReStore.
- Solicit and procure donation through development and maintenance of relationships with donors and customers.
- Coordinate donation pick-up.
- Coordinate material processing, including cleaning, pricing and minor repairs.
- Maintain records for all transactions, including sales transactions and donation receipts.
- Responsible for customer service standards to ensure sales plans are achieved.
- Assure compliance with local, state and national laws and Habitat policies for retail operations.
- Work with Habitat management staff to identify opportunities for outreach and public relations.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and commitment to Habitat’s mission.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
- Creativity, drive and enthusiasm to carry projects to conclusion.
- Two to five years’ experience in retail management.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, but not required.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, which will include some evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs on a regular basis and occasionally lift 50 lbs.
Resumes and letters of interest should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org .