Basic function: This part-time position has the responsibility of supporting, coordinating and assisting the volunteer services program and the family services program.
Hours of work: 24-32 hours per week. Office hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., however, off hours and weekends meetings will be required to fulfill responsibilities.
Supervisor: Executive director
- Respond daily to inquiries regarding volunteer opportunities from individuals and groups.
- Manage volunteer schedule for construction and affiliate needs.
- Coordinate with Habitat ReStore manager and VISTA to develop and solidify Habitat ReStore volunteer program.
- Assist with development and implementation of online scheduling volunteers, including tracking hours and updating contact information.
- Recruit new volunteers according to the communicated needs of the affiliate.
- Facilitate and coordinate monthly volunteer orientation and informational sessions for new and interested volunteers.
- Develop a volunteer recruitment and retention plan, including orientation, policies and procedures, materials and manual and evaluation of volunteer experience.
- Coordinate volunteers for special events (i.e. Habitat Harvest Breakfast).
- Development and implementation of a volunteer recognition program, including special events, thank yous, electronic correspondence, etc.
- Create and develop a speaker’s bureau to help spread the message of Habitat.
- Create a volunteer handbook including relevant orientation information and affiliate policies.
- Perform updates on volunteer section of website, social media sites, volunteer listing sites, etc. to increase volunteer program visibility online.
- Assess visibility of volunteer program in current communication strategies at affiliate (including newsletter, website, etc.) and develop recommendations for improvement.
- Develop ongoing communication strategies for current volunteers (newsletter, column in affiliate newsletter, electronic newsletter, check-in timeline, survey, etc.)
- Develop a plan for collecting feedback or evaluations from volunteers on an ongoing or regular basis. Create a system or process for consideration and implementation of suggestions given by volunteers.
- Develop tracking system with protocols/manual for tracking hours, skills, etc. as they pertain to volunteers.
- Create comprehensive affiliate volunteer management manual with formal volunteer management policies and procedures of affiliate including recruitment, recognition and any special events activities.
- Work in partnership with the family support committee.
- Revise/develop and assist with facilitation of homeowner education training curriculum and classes.
- Attend monthly committee meetings.
- Track homeowner sweat equity and develop an improved, effective system for future tracking.
- Coordinate effective communication system with homeowners.
- Provide continuing support for new and existing homeowners.
- Review and update the family advocate/mentor program.
- Attend monthly staff meeting.
- Assist with other affiliate activities as necessary and approved by the executive director.
- Develop resources and partnerships with community resources.
- Experience working with and managing both individual and large groups of volunteers.
- Demonstrated success in working in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with volunteers and community groups.
- Interest in supporting low-income family housing needs.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Bilingual skills not required but a plus.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Able to work a flexible schedule which will include some weekends and evenings.
- Good office computer and internet skills.
- Willingness to travel throughout our five county service area as well as travel to attend workshops/trainings.
Transportation: Car is essential. Driver’s license and proof of insurance required.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. The employer could request the employee to perform tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Please send cover letters and resumes to P.O. Box 1171, Willmar, MN 56201.