FLSA status: Full-time, salary, exempt
Reports to: Executive director
Habitat for Humanity of Springfield is seeking a Habitat ReStore director/manager with at least three years of demonstrated success and experience in nonprofit revenue generation to join a dynamic team and efforts to end poverty housing in our local community. Candidates need to be effective and able to generate revenue, meet budgets and maintain profitability objectives in support of Habitat for Humanity Springfield operations through the acquisition, management and marketing of Habitat ReStore products. Must be able to create positive visibility and face of Habitat in the local community while presenting the mission and scope of Habitat for Humanity International.
Purpose of position
- Implements and drives programs for donation.
- Provides sustained network development to expand the scope of Habitat ReStore activities and develop long-term, collaborative relationships with community based trade/business groups, churches, donors and others to secure donations and raise awareness of Habitat for Humanity Springfield mission in the community.
- Operations management, including consistent, safe and positive development of associates and assets in order to provide a high quality donor to customer experience.
Salary compensation will be based on experience and skills; applicants are respectfully requested to submit their salary requirements and references at the time of application. Benefits include paid time off, group health insurance, life insurance and the chance to be involved in a program that changes lives in amazing ways.
- A minimum of three years' responsible retail leadership experience directing successful teams and accountable for meeting objectives.
- Knowledge of home improvement tools, hardware, etc., is valuable.
- Solid application of interpersonal and communications skills, internally and externally, with groups and individuals.
- The ability and willingness to call on existing and potential donors to increase merchandise in the store.
- Demonstrated ability in training, managing, leading and developing associates in a consistent, positive and safety conscious manner.
- Basic computer skills, including spreadsheets, word processing, presentations and email.
- A history of successfully adapting to rapidly changing conditions with unexpected shifts in priorities.
- Ability to safely lift and position up to 25 lbs. Job could entail occasional bending, kneeling and reaching, often in awkward or tiring positions. Bulk of time will be spent standing, walking and otherwise assisting customers.
- Knowledge of and commitment to support Habitat for Humanity‘s Christian housing ministry, concept, principles and covenants.
- Valid clean driver’s license is required for driving to perform company business (please note that a background check will be required).
Applications are requested by March 1, 2013 but will be accepted through March 8, 2013.