Primary location: Raleigh Habitat ReStore
Secondary locations: Cary ReStore; deconstruction site
Under the general supervision of the Raleigh Habitat ReStore manager, the role of the ReStore associate will serve as a floater in both Raleigh and Cary stores as well as occasionally working with the deconstruction team. Responsibilities include sales floor and receiving activities with the ReStores and material salvage and volunteer management on the deconstruction site. In addition, the ReStore associate will be responsible for store projects that will be assigned to him/her as needed within the stores.
Responsibilities within the ReStores:
- Coordinate the flow of incoming materials to the store sales floor.
- Evaluate condition/price of existing merchandise.
- Maintain a knowledge of current pricing guide and provide feedback to keep it current.
- Maintain proper product placement throughout the store.
- Assist customers with purchasing merchandise.
- Assist customers with loading out purchases.
- Maintain a clean, neat, organized retail area.
- Keep store free from safety hazards.
- Work closely with the ReStore manager to determine individual projects that may be necessary for store improvements (these can include activities such as building new display equipment).
- Manage and supervise volunteers to complete daily tasks.
- Provide coverage and support to the Cary ReStore and Deconstruction teams as necessary.
Responsibilities within the deconstruction program:
- Remove materials from houses.
- Manage volunteers and temporary labor in the deconstruction process.
- Teach volunteers about deconstruction tools and techniques.
- Supervise de-nailing, bundling and loading of materials.
- Evaluate quality of salvaged materials.
- Effectively price and process materials salvaged into sellable units.
- Transport and off-load materials.
- Fill out donation-received inventory sheets.
- Track sold items.
- Maintain equipment necessary to the transportation of materials.
- Maintain good relations and communication with in-store employees, management and volunteers.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- A strong belief in the organization’s mission, goals and accomplishments.
- Knowledge and skill using machines, heavy equipment and specialized tools while performing work.
- Clean driving record.
- Demonstrated ability to fulfill several roles within the course of a day (floor sales, product coordination, deconstruction).
- Experience working in a retail environment (sales, receiving or management).
- Ability and experience working with volunteers.
- Ability to teach new skills to untrained individuals.
- Ability to perform all aspects of deconstruction.
- Ability to drive large truck and trailer.
- General knowledge of trades (plumbing, electrical, mechanical).
- Skill with specialized hand and power tools.
- General knowledge of the reuse industry.
- Licensed and trained in driving a forklift.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both internally and externally.
- Excellent customer service etiquette and attitude.
- Ability to have grace and humor under pressure.
- Energized in an atmosphere that fosters sharing new ideas and initiatives.
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with supervisors, co-workers, volunteers, community service and other HFHWC staff.
Machines, equipment and specialized tools appropriate to position include:
- Power tools, hand tools and ladders.
- Price guns.
- Pallet jacks and other material handling equipment.
- Box truck.
- F650 with or without a large trailer.
- Pickup truck with or without a small trailer.
The ReStore sssociate will report directly to the Raleigh ReStore manager. However, he/she will also be available to support operations at the Cary Store and deconstruction as necessary.
Responsibilities involve a variety of tasks that may or may not be related therefore, strong organizational skills will be required. In addition, because this position is a “floater,” the person will need to be able to work with different teams within the ReStore organization to fulfill varying roles.
Ability to lift more than 50 lbs.
Environment will vary depending on activity. Raleigh ReStore (primary location) is a warehouse, however, this person will also be on deconstruction worksites and working in the Cary ReStore.
Minimum education and experience requirements:
Candidate must have a college degree or equivalent four years of experience working in retail, reuse and/or construction.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com .