Habitat for Humanity – Buffalo, NY is recruiting for a full-time construction site supervisor. Specific qualifications for the job can be found in the text below. A qualified candidate should be familiar with all aspects of residential construction and have the ability to manage groups of volunteers/people on a residential construction site. The applicant should also be able to demonstrate a commitment to community service in general and the mission of Habitat for Humanity specifically. Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume indicating their qualifications to Habitat for Humanity-Buffalo, NY, 995 Kensington Ave, Buffalo, NY 14215, Attn: Construction manager. Please do not contact the office directly. Applications are due by March 15, 2013.
Summary of position:
The construction site supervisor is committed to carrying out the stated purpose of the committee and Habitat for Humanity. This position will oversee the actual construction process with some level of guidance from the construction manager or a senior construction site supervisor. The construction project must be in accordance with the Habitat for Humanity/Buffalo “base house” manual and all local building codes.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
The following statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job identified and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent to the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervise volunteers on the site, including site preparation, assigning specific tasks, providing necessary tools and materials and supervising clean up.
- Supervise completion of the project in accordance with the Habitat for Humanity “base house" manual and all local building codes, with some level of oversight from the construction manager or a senior construction site supervisor as needed.
- Supervise all aspects of site safety.
- Coordinate material acquisition, delivery, staging and application with guidance from the construction manager as needed.
- Arrange for all required inspections. Resolve any issues identified with the guidance of the construction manager.
- Hire contractors as required with input as needed from the construction manager.
- Monitor and maintain a construction project schedule and to prepare required documentation and project update reports. Attend construction meetings as required.
- Follow established build schedule.
- Communicate with all Habitat committees as required. Keep the family liaison up to date on schedule and issues concerning your assigned families.
- Log daily volunteers and activities.
- Control and manage all packing, delivery slips and purchase receipts. Submit all to treasurer for payment on a weekly basis.
- Teach homeowner families basic skills needed to maintain their homes.
- Reliability and attendance – begin work on time and adhere to work hours and schedule.