Habitat for Humanity of Ontario County (HFHOC) an NPO, is seeking an executive director. This individual will report to the HFHOC board of directors and will manage an annual budget of $500,000 and a staff of 10 with six direct reports. The executive director should offer a clear vision and leadership to fulfill HFHOC’s Christian mission of eliminating substandard housing in Ontario County.
The executive director will work alongside the board of directors in developing a vision and strategic goals for HFHOC. The executive director will lead the organization in achieving these goals by developing and implementing strategic and operational plans and integrating the work of committees, staff and volunteers into a coherent, consistent and effective program of advocacy, construction, financing and family support. This work will result in successful home ownership for Habitat’s participant families.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a strategic vision.
- Communicate HFH’s mission, goals and commitment.
- Manage implementation of approved plans.
- Develop and lead implementation of fundraising plans.
- Recruit, manage and support people working on the HFH mission.
- Ensure accountability to Board and donors by establishing procedures consistent with their requirements.
- Must understand and appreciate the mission of Habitat for Humanity.
- Demonstrate a high level of written and verbal communication skills and be effective in public speaking and the development of presentations.
- Proven success in building and working in a team environment and must have strong negotiating skills.
- Possess strong problem solving skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Detail-oriented and able to work independently and in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment.
- Able to deal with a diverse group of individuals and remain consistent in keeping a professional demeanor.
- Experience developing capital campaigns and working with major donors.
- Able to communicate effectively and professionally with prospective donors.
- Appreciation of and experience using technology to assist in achieving the goals of the organization.
- Ability to navigate in and around home construction work sites.
- Ability to travel when needed both within the county and to meetings out-of-state.
- Must have valid driver’s license, insurance and access to a vehicle.
A minimum of five years of related experience is required.
Candidate must have demonstrated independent responsibility for program management and accomplishing results for managing a $500,000 annual budget in either the for-profit or not-for-profit world. Experience in staff management and team building required.
Bachelor's degree required, preferably in business administration, public relations, human resources or another related field.
Salary and benefits will be consistent with the area and commensurate with experience.
All candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Beth Kravetz at Bkravetz1@rochester.rr.com .