Habitat for Humanity Suffolk builds decent, safe and affordable housing throughout Suffolk County, New York. The director of homeownership services will provide overall management of the department, coordinate the homebuyer selection process for Habitat built homes and work with existing Habitat owners to ensure they can remain in their homes.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in homebuyer counseling or underwriting for financial institution.
- Critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to organize, plan and prioritize work.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Commitment to maintaining high performance standards.
- Computer skills including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Empathetic to Habitat’s mission.
- Coordinate and strengthen Habitat’s homebuyer and homeowner services, including supervising volunteers.
- Coordinate homebuyer qualification process for prospective buyers, including compliance with sweat equity requirements, credit review and preparation for mortgage approval.
- Coordinate and implement marketing and outreach of Habitat’s affordable homeownership opportunities.
- Coordinate reporting and tracking systems and ensure compliance with best practices.
- Prepare written reports and documentation, as required by agency and funding sources.
Employment type: Full-time
Start date: ASAP
Education requirements: Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
Salary details: Negotiable based on experience.
Benefits: Health insurance, 403(b), paid sick and vacation time.
How to apply:
Must submit resume and responsive cover letter detailing your qualifications for this particular job. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity employer.