Greater Cleveland Habitat for Humanity works with people of all faiths to provide affordable and safe housing. We create hope and support families by building and rehabbing homes, strengthening neighborhoods and renewing communities. Over the past 25 years, we have built more than 170 homes for families with more than 600 children.
The director of development plans and implements a comprehensive fundraising program to meet both annual and long-term goals, working collaboratively with the executive director, the development committee and board.
- Develop specific strategies and goals to meet the needs of annual budget and multi-year campaigns.
- Nurture relationships with current donors and cultivate new sources of corporate, foundation and private philanthropy. Work with the executive director, board members and other key supporters to identify and solicit new sources of income.
- Utilize the resources of the Foundation Center Library to conduct research on grant opportunities and submit proposals appropriate to GCHFH mission.
- Ensure compliance with all reporting requirements for grants.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of all fundraising activity, using the organization’s Raisers Edge fundraising software.
- Maintain a fundraising calendar that includes all deadlines for grant proposals, mailings, meetings, etc.
- Design and prepare solicitation materials that maximize awareness of GCHFH fundraising activities.
- Identify and pursue opportunities to raise funds through social media networks.
- Plan and implement special events.
- CFRE designation is an asset. Current membership in local NSFRE chapter required.
- Minimum of three to five years’ experience in comprehensive, nonprofit fundraising.
- Strategic and situational planning developing short and long-term fundraising campaigns.
- Grant and report preparation and management experience.
- Previous experience working with volunteers in governance and program capacities.
- Bachelors or master’s degree in an appropriate academic discipline.
- Competence with Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge for Windows.
Submit resume, letter of interest and salary requirements to email@example.com .