Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is currently seeking a dedicated professional for the role of Program Support Manager (Asia Pacific). Reporting to the Associate Director of Regional Programs, the Program Support Manager provides programmatic support to a group of National Programs within the AP region. The Program Support Manager is expected to support and advise National Directors and their staff, coordinating the necessary program support available through HFHI, including Subject Matter Experts and other Regional Area Office departments. This position will be based at HFHI's Asia Pacific area office located in Manila, Philippines.
Program Support and Coordination
• Coordinates HFHI support to National Organizations by international staff, officers and program specialists. Coordination includes developing and directing specific concept paper development, tracking and reporting of Standards of Excellence, program interventions and activities by HFHI program support staff and following-up to see that the best use of expertise and time has been made.
• Encourages national office staff to implement Habitat program initiatives and innovations and to take advantage of HFHI support for: Volunteer and Youth Programs, Appropriate Construction Technology, Finance, Global Village, Program Planning and Monitoring and Evaluation, and Training, strategic planning.
• Monitors National Organization compliance with HFHI policies and agreements. Policies include those affecting best practices in governance and HFHI Standards of Excellence and National Organization requirements including monitoring and oversight to the SOAR reports and SICP findings making sure that the corrective measures are implemented according to the agreed upon action plans.
• In the event of non-compliance the Program Support Manager works with the National Directors to develop remedial plans, monitors implementation.
• Monitors HFHI’s transfer budget for National Organizations.
• Reviews and provide relevant input to grant applications from the National Programs s/he is responsible for.
• Approves proposals which meet current policy standards for amounts not exceeding limits set in HFHI grant approval guidelines; recommends proposals for higher amounts to the Director or Associate Director of Regional Programs.
• Recommends requests for National Organization support funding or for any special purposes, directing recommendations to the Director Regional Programs.
• Collaborates and coordinates with the RD and FOI team in APO to provide relevant and consistent support to NOs in the development of resource development plans: advising on plans, recommending partnerships, encouraging the development of grant proposals, placing skills, and recommending strategies that will assist National Organizations to move toward sustainability.
• Actively develops partnership and resource development opportunities, and manages HFHI’s donor relations with regional partner organizations – corporations, churches, INGOs, bi-lateral and multi-lateral aid agencies and supra national organizations – to source financial and other support for Habitat programs.
• Draws on the support of the Director of Resource Development and other HFHI specialists as required.
• Supports and evaluates HFHI direct reports and works with National Organization staff to assist the organization in selecting and training staff who can contribute to organization objectives.
• Bachelor's degree; advanced degree in related field preferred.
• 3+ years experience in the area of technical expertise with proven record of success.
• 2+ years international experience, preferably with an NGO or INGO.
• Demonstrated in-depth field experience in program development, management, monitoring and evaluation or research.
• Strong cross-cultural communication skills
• Written and oral fluency in English; written and oral fluency in Area specific language preferred.
• Ability and willingness to work in multi-cultural, multi-faith context.
• Strong networking and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent personal management, organization, and planning skills.
• Creative problem solving skills.
• Ability to work independently, and on a team, on multiple tasks.
• Ability to provide training and support to users.
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills.