Reports to: Director of family services
FLSA status: Exempt
Division: Family services
Summary: Providing administrative support to effectively execute policies and procedures related to the family selection process, education and case management, which will ensure families succeed as homeowners, and that the organization fulfills its mission and achieves it goals and objectives.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Screen pre-applications.
- Track pre-application and application information.
- Assist in the selection process; maintain accurate applicant files and prepare files for family selection committee. Ensure complete applications, including verification and eligibility documentation.
- Communicate with memos, letters and phone calls to applicants to communicate program requirements and benefits, and to encourage applicants to make progress toward homeownership.
- Assist director of family services with community interaction to promote our program and build relationships.
- Manage, track, provide reports and implement opportunities as it pertains to sweat equity, savings initiatives and education opportunities.
- Manage enrichment classes under the direction of director of family services.
- Assist in facilitating application meetings as needed.
- Assist the director of family services as deemed necessary.
- Assist in the coordinating of reports to better gage the progress and success of the family services department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain familiarity with and commitment to HFH philosophy and affiliate programs.
- Ability to speak in public and effectively portray our philosophy.
- Ability to understand poverty and people facing unique situations.
- Ability to use computers and general knowledge of office software, including word processing, spreadsheets, email, database, etc.
- Understand adult learning principles.
- Ability to not “do for” but “do with” the applicants and homeowners as guidance is offered.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to fluently speak Spanish is strongly desired.
- All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university and at least two years of work experience in social services, human services or related field preferred.
- Associate’s degree with combined equivalent work experience will be considered.
- Strong interpersonal and cultural competency skills to effectively work with a diverse population of clients and volunteers.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general policies and procedures.
- Ability to write reports and family partner correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from all members of the staff and the general public with varying abilities.
- The ability to fluently speak Spanish is desired.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software, spreadsheet software, internet software, project management software, database software and contact management systems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands and reach with hands and arms.
Serious inquiries only send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .