This position has immediate responsibility for all for all accounting and banking functions and processes. The position reports directly to the executive director and works closely with the board of directors.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A bachelor's degree in accounting or finance or a closely related discipline; MBA/CPA a plus.
- Five or more years of experience in the following areas: accounting, finance, business planning and budgeting.
- Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational and personnel management skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with and translate financial concepts to colleagues who may not have finance backgrounds.
- Clear understanding of and commitment to the mission of nonprofits serving local communities.
- Direct and oversee all financial activities of the organization, including the preparation of current financial reports and project/program reporting for grants.
- Serve as a business partner to the executive director on the organization's budgeting and administrative processes, including HR, payroll and benefits functions.
- Manage and maintain organizational budgets, financial forecasting, cash flow and investments.
Manage benefits and payroll administration.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors, staff and board.
- Responsible for supervision and evaluation of staff accountant and director of mortgage services.
Additional specific responsibilities for the role of controller may be added as required in order to accomplish the goals of the position.
Resumes/questions should be sent to directly to email@example.com .