Reports to: Habitat ReStore manager
- Assist the manager in certain administrative and operational functions of the SIHH ReStore.
- Assist the manager in achieving operational, financial, administrative, volunteer and customer goals.
- Opening and closing of the Habitat ReStore for scheduled daily hours.
- General oversight of store operations and volunteer management in coordination with other team managers.
- Daily sales/cash register reconciliation and deposits.
- Work closely with the SIHH volunteer coordinator to attract and retain volunteers by:
- Developing a daily and weekly schedule of volunteers with assigned times and areas/tasks. Track volunteer hours monthly by volunteer type.
- Developing and updating training program for new volunteers; personally training new volunteers or assigning a volunteer staff member to train the new volunteers.
- Overseeing and coordinating the activities of the Habitat ReStore volunteer committee.
- Scheduling regular training for new staff members and current staff members on new policies and programs.
- Producing daily and weekly truck schedules for pickups and deliveries and coordinate driver/helper schedules with warehouse manager.
- Assisting Habitat ReStore manager in developing and implementing marketing and public relations campaigns for increasing donations and sales.
- Maintaining the volunteer manual and job descriptions and assignments under the direction of the Habitat ReStore manager and the volunteer committee.
- Working closely with the warehouse and deconstruction managers to ensure store policies and procedures are followed.
- Overseeing display and organization of showroom sales areas jointly with warehouse manager to ensure all items are properly priced and ticketed for sale.
- Assisting warehouse staff as required to maintain orderly flow of items in warehouse and outside yard.
- Overseeing selection and pricing of collectible items in-store and online.
- Overseeing and maintaining daily/weekly task assignments and records.
- Maintaining accurate mailing list of donors and customers.
- Achieving excellent customer, donor and volunteer ratings.
Skills and qualifications:
- Computer knowledgeable; including Microsoft Word and Excel (PowerPoint a plus), QuickBooks (including POS software). Must have willingness to learn other programs as needed.
- Self-motivated, reliable and enthusiastic. Enjoy working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to handle and defuse challenging situations with tact. Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Commitment to safe working environment.
- Ability to provide leadership and supervision to staff and volunteers while also having the ability to perform most tasks in the absence of staff or volunteers.
- Ability to operate office equipment including copiers, fax machines, etc.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Minimum three years’ work experience, preferably one year in a management role.
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus.
- Prior experience in construction/deconstruction a plus.
Critical performance outcomes
- Ensure that the six-day store operation is staffed appropriately with employees and volunteers for optimal customer service needs.
- Create and implement an ongoing public relations campaign to highlight the many features of the store to create a place for the store in the community.
- Ensure the accuracy of daily register reconciliation with volunteers.
- Maintain an effective and well-trained base of volunteers.
- Fulfillment of responsibilities described above.
Please apply for this position by submitting your cover letter and resume to John Rhoden at firstname.lastname@example.org .