Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is seeking a dedicated professionl for the role of Senior Internal Auditor. This position will report to the Vice President, Internal Audit and will be located at HFHI's Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia.
• Conducting financial, operational and compliance audits of area and regional offices, national organizations and various departments/functions; examining and evaluating adequacy/effectiveness of internal control structure.
• Performing thorough risk assessment of operations (of subject audit) and develops an appropriate audit plan as a result of that analysis.
• Developing findings, recommendations and draft audit reports for discussion with management.
• Preparing audit work papers, findings and recommendations and audit reports in compliance with IAD's audit manual and the Institute of Internal Auditing Standards as required.
• Monitoring and reporting periodically on outstanding audit recommendations.
• Supervising audit fieldwork and working with co- source partners as required.
• Preparing status reports for management and the Audit Committee
• Bachelor's degree in accounting with at least three to five years relevant work experience.
• Master’s degree in Business Administration preferred, though not required.
• Requires either a CIA, CPA, CA or CMA. In addition, a CISA and/or CFE a plus
• Expert level skills with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as, COSO - Internal Control Integrated Framework
• Working knowledge of Section 404, A-133 audits is a plus
• Internal or external audit experience with non-profit government or organizations
• Working knowledge of information technology and grant audit is a plus
• Excellent English, verbal and written, communication skills
• Excellent Spanish, verbal and written, communication skills
• Experience with Paisley’s GRC and/or AutoAudit platform a plus
Please copy and paste your resume and cover letter as ONE DOCUMENT into our applicant tracking system.
HFHI is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.