Farmville Area Habitat for Humanity, Inc. is currently seeking an invidual to serve as the assistant manager in our Habitat ReStore.
General summary: The Habitat ReStore assistant manager position is responsible for the complete transaction from donor to buyer in an efficient and friendly manner. In addition, this person assists the manager with inventory procurement, pricing and supervision of volunteers.
- Greet arriving customers.
- Operate sales counter.
- Operate cash register to document merchandise sales.
- Follow established procedures for customer sales.
- Respond to customer and donor inquiries.
- Answer and process phone calls as needed.
- Direct customers to appropriate areas of the store.
- Assist other volunteers as needed.
- Supervise Habitat ReStore volunteers (includes all programs).
- Track volunteer hours electronically (includes all programs).
- Oversee volunteer scheduling, tracking and administrative activities.
- Effectively use retail floor space for optimal merchandising and display of goods and materials.
- Assist in marketing the Habitat ReStore via print and electronic media including social media.
- Must be comfortable handling money and operating cash register.
- Must be people-oriented, flexible, enthusiastic and willing to advocate the mission of Farmville Area Habitat.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills are required.
- Must have a professional demeanor and remain friendly and polite when faced with difficult customer situations.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize and handle multiple functions simultaneously and communicate clearly and courteously, both verbally and in writing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software applications: i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, Access.
- Experience using social media to market products and/ or services.
- Knowledge of budgeting and forecasting a plus.
This is a thirty-seven hour per week position. Must be willing to work some Saturdays.
Interested applicants should email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org  or fax it to 434-392-3279.