Greater Fredericksburg Habitat for Humanity is currently seeking an individual to serve as an executive director.
Job duties include:
- Function as the top executive in a Christian-based ministry reporting to the board of directors.
- Plan, develop, establish and/or maintain policies and procedures of the affiliate in accordance with the Habitat for Humanity International organizational mission and the local board directives/objectives.
- Assure that the affiliate complies with Virginia laws governing nonprofit charitable organizations.
- As primary spokesperson of the affiliate in public and media relations activities, maintain communication with religious, civic and corporate audiences and other professional/social service groups within the community and serve on appropriate community committees.
- Facilitate projects with faith-based communities, businesses and other groups by meeting with potential sponsors. Help in the initial organizational aspects, communicate with them and refer them to expert advisors regarding various aspects of the project.
- Responsible for the operational and fiscal performance of the entire affiliate, including VHDA homeownership guidelines and legalities, internal budget formulation, administrative staffing and compensation, Habitat ReStore operations and oversight.
- Direct and coordinate formulation of financial programs to provide funding for new or continuing program initiatives, including oversight of all fundraising and grant development efforts for building projects and required resources.
- Provides overall control and direction for affiliate personnel, paid and volunteer, by actively participating in or approving personnel decisions, identifying training needs and opportunities, ensuring compliance with fair labor laws/title XII, affiliate SOP and policies.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- At least five years of managerial experience, preferably in the nonprofit sector.
- Must reside within the affiliates service areas of Fredericksburg, King George, Spotsylvania or Stafford Counties or be willing to relocate at own expense.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to work effectively with volunteer boards and committees; formulate execute and evaluate budgets and successfully manage resources and people.
- Ability to strategically develop and implement appropriate activities, ideas and goals to fulfill the organizational mission.
- Proven communication, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Thoroughly familiar with financial statements, P&L assessments, forecasting and nonprofit tax requirements and IRS 990 procedures. Working knowledge of building codes, construction, mortgage closing and contractor guidelines is desirable.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite software.
- Experience with Donorperfect is a plus.
Please email your resume with cover letter to email@example.com 
Salary to be discussed.