Habitat Tithe builds a WORLD where everyone has a decent place to live.
What is tithe?
- To take at least 10 percent of what we have been blessed with and give it back to God and back to our ministry.
- Through our Tithe program, Habitat partners are not only eliminating poverty housing from their own communities, but also eliminating poverty housing in communities around the world.
Why do we tithe?
- The decision is based on our biblical roots as an ecumenical Christian ministry.
- Tithing within Habitat — a global organization that seeks to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the face of the earth — ensures that funding reaches the countries that have both a Habitat presence and some of the greatest need.
Tithe then and now
- At a home dedication in Zaire in 1979, our founder, Millard Fuller, received the first $200 tithe, which he used to help launch a new Habitat affiliate in Aguacatan, Guatemala.
- From that one donation, the entire Habitat tithe program started.
Follow us on Twitter @HabitatTithe  
In the newsroom:
Tithes without borders 
Habitat Tajikistan and Habitat Guatemala: A healthy partnership