On Sunday, Oct. 28, Major League Baseball highlighted our work during Game 4 of the World Series
This recognition brought national attention to the continuing and critical need of affordable housing around the world.
Together, we have built 46 homes
- MLB first partnered with us in the fall of 2005 to assist in recovery efforts after hurricanes Katrina and Rita.
- Since then, 46 homes have been constructed.
- Build sites have included Major League ballparks, MLB Spring Training locations, the 2005 World Series, the Inaugural World Baseball Classic and the 2006 Major League Baseball All-Star Game.
- Nine of the homes were built this year in partnership with families who lost everything after devastating tornadoes ripped through the communities of Joplin, MO and Tuscaloosa, AL in 2011.
- Two of the homes were framed during this summer’s 83rd MLB All-Star Game, in the parking lot of Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City.
Shining a light on our partnership
“As a social institution with important social responsibilities, Major League Baseball is proud to continue using the attraction of the Fall Classic to make a positive impact in people’s lives.”
~ Baseball Commissioner Allan H. (Bud) Selig
Join Habitat and MLB in the effort to make sure every family has a safe, decent and affordable place to call home.