The build and rally will be held at the Ozark Empire Fairgrounds in Springfield, Missouri.
The host affiliate is Habitat for Humanity Springfield. This is an amazing affiliate. They have an outstanding construction crew who are looking forward to our arrival.
We will be doing a number of projects, including:
- Construction of multiple homes in a Habitat subdivision
- A Brush with Kindness projects
Please come prepared to be flexible. We know everyone wants to build and we will do everything possible to see that your skills are used.
- Check-in date: Monday, April 21, 2014 (Note: No early check-in allowed, due to an event at the fairgrounds prior to our arrival.)
- Build days: Tuesday, April 22-Saturday, April 26 and Tuesday, April 29-Saturday, May 3.
- Departure date: Sunday, May 4.
Our celebration event will be held over the weekend in between the two anniversary build weeks.
- Rally begins: Evening of Saturday, April 26 with a social hour, general introductions and dinner.
- Seminars: Sunday and Monday from 8:30 a.m.-noon and 1:30-3:30 p.m.
- Dinner and cash bar: Each evening 6-7 p.m.
- Entertainment: Each evening 7-8 p.m.
- Coffee and donuts: Sunday and Monday 8-8:30 a.m.
- Social hour: 4-5 p.m. daily.
- Church service: A non-denominational service will be held Sunday morning on the fairgrounds for those who would like to attend.
- Rally end date: Monday, April 28, 2014.
Before/after build and rally:
- KOA Campground
Located 10 miles from the fairgrounds just off I-44.
- $35 special rate offered before the build. Mention Habitat for Humanity when making your reservation.
- Full hookups and Wi-Fi available.
- Stage Stop
South of town just off U.S. 65.
- $25 special rate for full hookups and Wi-Fi.
- This is a gravel lot behind Lambert’s Restaurant, one of best restaurants in the area.
Accomodations during build and rally:
- Ozark Empire Fairgrounds
3001 N Grant Street. Enter at Gate 4 off of Norton Rd.
No early arrivals.
We have plenty of room for everyone as long as you can be flexible. The sites are not uniform, so we will be matching up your request to your needs.
Sites will be tight in some areas, especially for those with slides.
Arrangements have been made for two pump outs during the two weeks for those without sewer connections.
Water is readily available and arrangements can be made to access drinking water hoses. Please arrive with full water tanks and empty grey/black water tanks.
All sites will be 30 amps so come prepared. Extra water and sewer hoses are also recommended along with leveling blocks.
There are two Wal-Mart stores in the area:
- I-44 at Exit 77 for the fairgrounds.
- I-44 at Exit 80 at Glenstone Ave.
Kelly Sosland is handling the registration.
$140-$335 before Jan. 1, 2014
- Includes camping, rally, entertainment, three dinners and the coffee hours during the rally. There will be a cash bar at the rally.
- Costs increase by $50 after Feb. 1, 2014
- Online: Make a one-time or recurring contribution to the special anniversary fund:
- By mail: Make checks payable to Habitat for Humanity International. Write “Project Code 1113001” on the memo line.
Send to: RV Care-A-Vanners, Habitat for Humanity International, 121 Habitat Street, Americus, GA 31709-3498.