As a high-profile global organization, Habitat for Humanity International receives many requests for speakers. Pease consider the following information before submitting your request.
When is it appropriate to request a speaker from the Habitat for Humanity International Speakers Bureau?
- When the expected audience number is at least 100. For smaller audience numbers, please request a speaker from an affiliate in your area. Find your local Habitat for Humanity affiliate .
- When your event budget allows for the travel and accommodation expenses of the speaker.
- When there are still at least eight weeks before the event in which to engage a speaker and make arrangements.
- When all necessary information (who, what, when, where, topic, size and composition of audience, point of contact) has been gathered. Please do not submit incomplete request forms.
What you can expect from the Habitat for Humanity International Speakers Bureau?
- We will acknowledge your request for a speaker within 7 days, confirming whether or not we are, in principle, able to fulfill the request.
- All available speakers are not listed on our website and we will do our best to help you select the most appropriate speaker and topic for your event.
- We will confirm the exact speaker as soon as we are able, but it is not always possible to do this until a few weeks before the date of the engagement.
- While we will do our best to deal with a request for a speaker on short notice (within a month of the date of request), this is not always possible.
- If a speaker must cancel due to unforeseen circumstances, we will make every effort to find a suitable replacement. Again, this may be impossible on occasion, particularly if it is a last-minute cancellation. If we are unable to provide a replacement speaker from Habitat for Humanity International, we will work with you on alternatives.
What does the Habitat for Humanity International Speakers Bureau expect from you?
- Speakers should be requested using the speaker request form . Please do not make multiple approaches for a speaker to different people at Habitat for Humanity, as this can cause confusion and duplication of effort.
- Please try to give as much notice as possible when you require a speaker. Two to three months advance notice is ideal.
- Please state if you would like a specific member of the Speakers Bureau to speak, or someone with a particular expertise (for example, a ReStore Specialist). Be prepared to be flexible, as your first choice may not always be available.
- Please give us as much information as possible about your event, including the purpose of the event, date, time and audience numbers. This helps us find the most appropriate speaker for you.
- We normally expect those requesting a speaker to meet the speaker’s travel and accommodation costs. These arrangements will be agreed upon between you and your speaker or your speaker’s administrative assistant, directly. We encourage you to seek complimentary or reduced-cost lodging. Many organizations hosting Habitat speakers have successfully done so and almost always can do so if the event is being held at the hotel. To provide the most conducive atmosphere that will enable the speaker to prepare for your event, we do ask that you provide commercial lodging rather than hosting the speaker in a private home. We also encourage you to note where the speaker travels from in order to manage your costs.
- Please ask the communications team for permission to publish Speakers Bureau member presentations on your website or in a conference or other program. The material may be copyrighted.
- Please copy email@example.com  on any correspondence you have with the speaker regarding that person’s engagement either prior to or after your event.
- Honorariums to Habitat for Humanity International are accepted and appreciated, but not expected since you are covering the speaker’s expenses. As representatives of Habitat, speakers are not permitted to accept honorariums for themselves.
Thank you for your interest in Habitat for Humanity!