Take your passion for Habitat for Humanity from the build site to the workplace.
Share your enthusiasm about Habitat for Humanity with your colleagues. Here are some ideas of how you can support Habitat at your workplace:
- Identify Habitat for Humanity supporters in your company.
- Encourage others to take advantage of your company’s matching gift  program
- Ask your Human Resources team to add Habitat for Humanity to your workplace giving campaign.
- Raise money for Habitat by collecting donations and allowing donors to wear jeans on a designated day.
- Host an event in the office to raise funds for a specific Habitat project.
- Organize a group of coworkers to volunteer on a Habitat build site or go on a Global Village volunteer trip.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is my role as a Habitat supporter in my workplace?
You can identify and communicate with supporters of Habitat for Humanity in your workplace. Get supporters to talk with your company leadership and tell them you want to do more to support Habitat for Humanity. Companies want to support projects their employees are passionate about, so tell them your story.
- Are there any fun volunteer opportunities for my co-workers and me?
Yes! We will connect you with your local Habitat for Humanity so you can volunteer in your own community. If you want to volunteer internationally, you can join us on a Global Village trip. If you want to organize a volunteer trip exclusively for you and your colleagues, we can arrange that, too!
- Can I raise funds at work to support Habitat?
Yes! You can rally support from fellow employees to donate to Habitat for Humanity. Many companies will host small special event fundraisers to raise money for Habitat for Humanity. If your company offers an annual giving campaign that allows you to write in choices, you can designate Habitat for Humanity. Each company is different, so make sure to ask your Human Resources department about what is acceptable in your workplace.
- Are there materials or information that can support my efforts?
Yes! We will be more than happy to send you information, materials and outreach pieces to help with your efforts at your company. We know you are passionate about helping families and we are here to help you.
For questions about any of these opportunities, please contact us at 1-800-422-4828, ext. 6771 or email email@example.com .