Thrivent Builds Worldwide Global Village partnership
Thrivent Builds Worldwide works in close partnership with the Global Village program. Global Village has been successfully sending volunteer teams around the world for 25 years. Our partnership provides the most efficient service for you as you plan your trip.
Most of the information provided to our team leaders is the same as that given to Global Village team leaders, including the trip calendar and country profile information.
About the partnership
Thrivent Builds brings together the financial, volunteer and advocacy resources of Thrivent Financial with the affordable-housing construction leadership of Habitat for Humanity.
To date, this integrated effort has engaged more than 620,000 volunteers contributing more than 4.4 million volunteer hours constructing, repairing or renovating homes in the U.S. and around the world.
Your opportunity to help communities thrive
Thrivent Builds Worldwide trips can take you across the country or halfway around the world. It can lead you to a family in need of simple, decent housing and give you the chance to change lives – including your own.
Thrivent Builds Worldwide works in close partnership with Habitat’s Global Village program to provide you with the most efficient service as you plan your trip. Global Village has been successfully sending volunteer teams around the world for more than 25 years.
Thrivent Financial benefit members receive funding support for trip costs.
Thrivent Builds team leader
As a Thrivent Builds Worldwide team leader, you have the opportunity to:
- Lead your team on a trip to another state or country.
- Experience a different culture.
- Learn new skills.
- Develop relationships with homeowners and other volunteers.
- See firsthand the power of your membership in action as you build hope by building homes.
- Be the catalyst to help others experience a life-changing trip!
Thrivent Builds Worldwide Premier Destinations
Explore additional trip options designed through Thrivent Financial’s partnership with Habitat for Humanity.
All are welcome on Thrivent Builds Worldwide teams. Thrivent benefit members are eligible for special trip pricing.
- Standard trip pricing, itineraries and budgets.
- Destinations include:
- El Salvador: Approximately a third of the Salvadoran population lives in poverty housing.
- Nicaragua: Basic housing services are severely lacking for 79 percent of Nicaraguans.
Thrivent Builds Worldwide Destination of Choice trips
- Thrivent Builds Worldwide Destination of Choice trips give you flexibility in choosing a location for your team from a catalog of options.
- Standard budgets, itineraries and price ranges.
- For Thrivent Financial benefit members, the trip cost for a Destination of Choice trip is $300 less for U.S. trips and $500 less for trips outside of the United States—it’s a benefit of membership. Team members should verify eligibility to find out whether they qualify for this benefit of Thrivent Financial membership and work with the Thrivent Builds Worldwide staff to finalize member and nonmember trip costs.
Please follow the Thrivent Builds Worldwide proposal process.
Thrivent Builds Worldwide trip resources
In addition to the Global Village Team Leader Resources and Global Village Volunteer Resources, there are other resources designed specifically to help you recruit team members, raise funds and build awareness for your Thrivent Builds Worldwide trip.
- Use the Thrivent Builds Worldwide trip resources — either Destination of Choice or Premier Destination — with Thrivent Financial members and other volunteers.
- You may also refer to the Thrivent Builds Worldwide FAQs for answers to your Thrivent Builds Worldwide questions.
- If you are unfamiliar with the Thrivent Builds Worldwide program or are looking just to participate in an existing trip, please visit ThriventBuilds.com.
- Check out the catalog overview .
- Return to the site often for updates and additions, new host programs will be added, and information is also subject to change.
- Check the Thrivent Builds Worldwide frequently asked questions. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, you can contact us at email@example.com or 1-800-422-4828, ext. 7695.