Act! Speak! Build! Week resources
Download Act! Speak! Build! Week advocacy resources
- Act! Speak! Build! Week stencils
- Case for housing
- Guide to hosting a shantytown event
- Interfaith Advocacy Toolkit
- Paper house template design
- First-time participant guide
This guide offers sample schedules and advice on organizing, registering, planning and implementing a successful advocacy plan.
- Answering tough questions
Here are some simple answers to some of the tough questions you might get about Habitat for Humanity.
Local Habitat affiliate guide
The local Habitat affiliate guide provides local Habitat affiliates with advice on organizing and planning Act! Speak! Build! Week in partnership with local youth.
- What is advocacy?
Learn more about what advocacy is.
Here are a few easy steps to maximize your advocacy impact.
- Youth Programs advocacy toolkit
The Youth Programs advocacy toolkit provides more information on advocacy and guidance for hosting an incredible Act! Speak! Build! Week.
For information on local housing issues, please contact your local affiliate about legislation they’re endorsing.
Media relations tools
The following resources can help you gain attention for your group’s Act! Speak! Build! Week and the work of Habitat for Humanity.
- Getting the media to cover your event
- Writing pitch letters and making pitch calls
- Creating press releases and instructions for using the template
- Sending a letter to the editor
Suggested activities and events
Learn how to host an advocacy event, a candlelight vigil, use the Welcome Home Housing Simulation, learn more about secure tenure and housing trust funds, paper house campaigns, panel discussions and more.