Advocate on behalf of Habitat for Humanity
Host an advocacy campaign on your school campus or in your community. Use the following ideas to plan for your campaign.
Advocate on a national level
As a group:
- Host a cyber café. Set up laptop computers at a central location and ask visitors to sign up online as Habitat for Humanity advocates.
- Create a form letter and ask individuals to sign it. Mail these letters to your House representative and state senators. Search for your elected officials and their contact information.
- Make a video. Share it with your class, community or elected officials.
As an individual:
- Sign up online as a Habitat for Humanity advocate.
- Send a handwritten letter to your House representative and state senators. Search for your elected officials and their contact information.
- Call your House representative and state senators’ offices.
- E-mail your House representative and state senators.
Advocate on a local or state level
- Contact your local Habitat for Humanity affiliate or state support organization to learn about local and state-level advocacy campaigns that you can be a part of.
- Schedule a meeting with your local official. Talk to him or her about Habitat for Humanity’s work and the need for adequate housing.