Director - Change & Strategy
Habitat for Humanity International is seeking a talented professional for the role of Director - Change & Strategy. This position will be an integral part of the Strategic Realization Team (SRT) with a focus on change execution. Director - Change & Strategy will provide leadership, advisory services and capacity building for the organization’s global portfolio of changes. The position will primarily serve HFHI global leadership and managers, but will occasionally support countries and US programs.
Key Responsibilities include:
Key Responsibilities include:
- 10+ years of related experience facilitating the development and execution of the global portfolio of changes and assigned change initiatives.
- Provide valued and trusted change leadership guidance to initiative sponsors, leads, managers and change agents.
- Lead and deliver excellent internal consulting in the areas of change execution, and other SRT areas of expertise such as strategic planning, business planning, project management, continuous improvement.
- Continual proactive assessment, identification of risks and mitigation for the realization of the HFH strategy and global portfolio of changes.
- Lead the building of change execution capacity of the HFH global federation through the development, publishing, continual improvement, training, coaching and support of concepts and tools.
- Lead, train and manage a global working group of change agents to support change implementation. (+/- 5 people)
- Support the Chief Operating Officer in operational planning and execution. (Potential)
- Being an active contributing member of the SRT, flexibly taking on and prioritizing other duties as needed to realize the strategy.
- Demonstrated superior understanding of change management and change leadership principles.
- Successful experience advising and supporting sponsors and leaders from start to finish through transformational change within a large organization, particularly the people/human and project management aspects of the change.
- Ability to earn the trust, influence and provide excellent service to all levels and cultures of the organization (Sr. leaders, middle management of HFHI, US Affiliates and country programs). Demonstrated ability to challenge ideas of C-level senior leaders and offer alternative solutions.
- Excellent project management skills and an ability to work efficiently and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability for capacity building, including the development tools, training, coaching and transferring knowledge
- Ability to work independently with little direction and within a team.
- Ability to deal well with ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Be organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to present complex ideas and concepts clearly in front of senior audiences.
- Be able and willing to confront any action that compromises the realization of the changes.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Personal resilience.
- Ability to work in a large organization, and achieve meaningful change to make the desired impact
- Ability and experience discerning cross-cultural implications related to change in a non-US contexts
- Commitment to support and live out the values of love, collaboration, courage, inclusive, stewardship, continuous improvement.
- MBA or equivalent experience
- Experience and knowledge of Connor Partners change leadership model.
- Experience living or working in a developing country or low-income community
- Experience and capacity in strategy development, business planning and portfolio management
- Experience and knowledge of international development, affordable housing, or social entrepreneur space
- A demonstrated commitment to serving the economic poor
- Experience with HFH
Full-time - Salaried