Global Village trip leader resources
As a Global Village team leader, you don’t just help improve the world – you help your teams reflect and reimagine themselves. Whether you are taking out your first team or your 40th, we’ve gathered resources to help you answer volunteers’ questions and plan a life-changing trip.
Team leader guides and training
- Team leader manual [PDF]
This manual contains nearly everything you need to know to successfully lead your GV trip.
- Open teams [PDF] / Closed teams [PDF]
Here is a walkthrough of your job from the day you propose the trip to the day you get home.
- Marketing your trip [PDF]
Get that team recruited!
- Expense reporting instructions [PDF]
After the trip, leaders of open teams need to return their expense reports within 30 days. Here are instructions for the spreadsheet.
- Reflection Meetings Guide [PDF]
Conduct in-country meetings that inspire action and make the trip matter.
Training and workshops
Team leader training presentations
- Habitat and Global Village [PDF]
- Manage a build [PDF]
- Start a new team [PDF]
- Embrace the culture [PDF]
- Coach your team [PDF]
- Maximize [PDF]
- Memorandum of understanding
Open team [PDF] / Closed team [PDF]
Please submit an MOU to firstname.lastname@example.org for every team you lead!
- Waiver of liability for minors [PDF]
Required when a volunteer under age 18 travels with your team.
- ACH for funds transfer [PDF]
If you are receiving a travel advance from Habitat, submit this form to your support coordinator.
- Incident report form [PDF]
Please document anything out of the ordinary that happens in the field.
- International accident claim form [PDF] | U.S. accident claim form [PDF]
This document may be passed onto your volunteers for insurance claims.
- Sample invitation for open teams [DOC]
This letter template contains everything your new team members need to know.
- Sample invitation letter – for closed teams [DOC]
- Use this email template to invite volunteers to join your closed team.
- Sample invitation for affiliate teams [DOC]
This letter template is for new affiliate team members.
- Interview questions [PDF]
Ask good questions to recruit a good team.
- Recruitment messages [DOC]
Expand your recruitment search! Ask your personal network to join or support your GV team.
- Recruitment flyer [PDF]
Fill in this editable template or use it to inspire your own.
Global Village policies and procedures
- Orientation handbook [PDF]
Your guide to the ins and outs of volunteering with Global Village.
- Payments [PDF]
Find out when, where and how to pay. Also learn about tax deductibility and refunds.
Have an applicant under 18? Find out who can travel with a GV team.
We hope your volunteers won’t have to cancel, but if they do, here’s what they need to know.
- Travel medical insurance coverage
Our first priority is your safety, so each Global Village volunteer is covered by excellent insurance. Learn what’s included.
- Volunteer resources
Find fundraising resources, travel information and other helpful resources for Global Village volunteers.