Global Village trip leader resources
As a Global Village team leader, you’ll manage a holistic experience for your team. Your impact is much more than what you accomplish on the build site, your team’s funds invest in the community you’ll be serving in and your volunteers will return home inspired to live differently.
You don’t just help Habitat improve the world – you help your teams reflect and reimagine themselves. Whether you are taking out your first team or your 40th, we’ve gathered resources to help you answer volunteers’ questions and plan a life-changing trip.
- Open teams [PDF] / Closed teams [PDF]
Here is a walkthrough of your job from the day you propose the trip to the day you get home.
- Global Village FAQs
- Global Village team leader FAQs
- Recruiting quick guide
- Reflections quick guide
- Team dynamics quick guide
- Fundraising quick guide
- Affiliate team leader checklist
- Friends and family teams checklist
- Closed team leader checklist
- Open team leader checklist
Propose a trip
- Global Village project types and costs
- Submit a team proposal
- 2019 proposal process details
- Proposal Timeline Visual Process Flow
Build your team
- Marketing your trip [PDF]
Get that team recruited!
- Recruitment messages [DOC]
Expand your recruitment search! Ask your personal network to join or support your team.
- Recruitment flyer [PDF]
Fill in this editable template or use it to inspire your own.
- Expectations Conversation Questions [PDF]
Ask good questions to prepare interested volunteers for this experience.
- Invitation letters
- Roster tool template [XLS]
Keep track of team travel and lodging information in one place.
- Travel Advance and Expense Guidelines
View travel advance details including what can and cannot be expensed.
- Reflection Meetings Guide [PDF]
Conduct in-country meetings that inspire action and make the trip matter.
- File incident reports online
We need to hear about any injuries or issues, both big and small, that happen on your trip. Having trouble with the link? Download a PDF version.
- International accident claim form [PDF] | U.S. accident claim form [PDF]
This document may be passed onto your volunteers for insurance claims.
Global Village manuals, policies and procedures
- Memorandum of understanding
Open team [PDF] / Closed team [PDF]
Please submit an MOU to email@example.com for every team you lead.
- Volunteer orientation handbook [PDF]
Your guide to the ins and outs of volunteering with Global Village.
- Payments [PDF]
Find out when, where and how to pay. Also learn about tax deductibility and refunds.
Have an applicant under 18? Find out who can travel with a GV team.
We hope your volunteers won’t have to cancel, but if they do, here’s what they need to know.
- Travel medical insurance coverage
Our first priority is your safety, so each Global Village volunteer is covered by excellent insurance. Learn what’s included.
- Team Leader Training Deck, Day 1
- Team Leader Training Deck, Day 2
- Emergency Management Plan
- Volunteer resources
Find fundraising resources, travel information and other helpful resources for Global Village volunteers
- Thrivent Builds Partnership
View additional information about the long-time partnership between Global Village and Thrivent Financial as we serve Habitat homeowners around the world.