Trinidad and Tobago
Travel to Trinidad and Tobago and help Habitat build homes for families in need of safe, decent and affordable shelter.
Trip cost: US$
This team will stay in or near Port of Spain, Trinidad’s bustling capital city. As you build with the family, you’ll be welcomed into the community. Eat traditional food, influenced heavily by Indian, African and Creole cuisine, and meet the neighbors whose community you’re helping to improve; explore local sights and experience the harmonious cultural diversity of this island nation. This trip is a unique opportunity to experience life inside the culture.
Program donation and fundraising: US$1,900
You may fundraise or give the program donation. Fundraising is as easy as telling your friends, family and coworkers about why you build with Habitat for Humanity. They may even ask to join the team! We set you up with a great website and coaching for success.
Consider setting a fundraising goal over the minimum. Every donation you raise keeps Habitat building after your team returns home and helps us serve another family.
- Day 1, Traveling: Arrive at Port of Spain airport where your team leader will greet you and take you to meet your teammates over dinner.
- Day 2, Orientation: Habitat staff will orient you to our work in Trinidad and Tobago and introduce you to the community in which you’ll work.
- Days 3-7, Build: Work with local, skilled construction leaders. After work, the team will have time for excursions, rest and reflection meetings.
- Day 8, Explore: Spend the day in Tobago, then enjoy a final team dinner.
- Day 9, Goodbyes: Depart for home or independently continue your travel.
Meals and accommodations
Teams stay at modest, comfortable hotels, two to four people per room. Enjoy a variety of cuisine prepared by locals.
Tasks on the work site
International volunteers may work in all stages of steel frame home construction. Regardless of what stage the house is in when the team arrives, responsibilities will likely include carrying materials, digging, securing cement siding and painting.
Apply now! We will connect you with a team leader within two business days. The team leader will tell you more about the build and learn about you. After speaking with the team leader, donate or fundraise your deposit to secure your spot on the team. The team leader will help you prepare and lead you during the trip.
Have questions? Your team leader, Natalie Nuce, would love to tell you more about the trip! Email Natalie at email@example.com.
When asked about her Global Village experience, Natalie said, ”Nothing beats serving a family alongside friends and experiencing a new culture at the same time.”