Buenos Aires, Argentina
Trip cost: US$
Join this 10-day Global Village trip building seed homes with partner families and volunteering with Habitat’s community partners in Argentina.
- Build a new seed home in an urban community. Through a microfinance program, the family will continue to expand the house after your team returns home.
- Share a mate with partner families and hear their stories. The team will also be staying in the heart of Buenos Aires, so you’ll have time to explore the bustling city.
- Volunteer alongside a community partner on a service project. You’ll see firsthand how Habitat works with local organizations to build holistic solutions beyond the home.
- Experience an immersive and building trip. Your team will learn how Habitat is strengthening the abilities and resources of marginalized communities in Argentina from the national director and staff.
Global Village sends volunteers to build with Habitat for Humanity projects across the world. Get your hands dirty on the work site, meet families whose housing situations have been improved with Habitat’s help, experience the area like an insider and do it all alongside a team of like-minded volunteers. No experience is required! This build is your next step with Habitat to make the world a better place.
Program donation and fundraising
You may fundraise or give the program donation. Fundraising is as easy as telling your friends, family and coworkers about why you build with Habitat for Humanity. They may even ask to join the team! We set you up with a great website and coaching for success.
Consider setting a fundraising goal over the minimum. Every donation you raise keeps Habitat building after your team returns home and helps us serve another family.
- Build a seed house for an Argentine family.
- Volunteer with Habitat partners on a community development project.
- Experience the sights, sounds, and tastes of Buenos Aires.
Your Habitat hosts will show you how they have been eliminating inadequate housing in Argentina since 1992 through progressive housing, community development, urban slum upgrading and disaster response.
- Days 1-2: Traveling. Depart from home and join us in Buenos Aires, Argentina! Habitat will greet you when you arrive and take you to meet your team at your project site.
- Day 3: Exploration. The team will go sightseeing in and around Buenos Aires and sample local cuisine.
- Day 4: Orientation. Learn about Habitat’s innovative work and your team’s project from Habitat Argentina’s national director. The team will start building seed houses in the afternoon.
- Days 5-8: Build. The team will dig the foundation, mix cement, and assist the local masons to build a new seed home. The team will have time for excursions, rest, and reflection meetings in the evenings.
- Day 9: Community service. Meet local partners who are meeting the needs of the community we are building in and then team up to work on a community service project. Then we will relax and barbecue with our partner families and Habitat Argentina staff.
- Day 10: Goodbyes. Continue your journey in Argentina independently or travel back home.
Meals and accommodations
Teams stay at modest, comfortable hotel. The team will usually eat lunch on the build site, with breakfast and dinner at the hotel or local restaurants.
Tasks on the work site
Typical work for a Global Village team may include digging foundation, framing walls, mixing cement, painting, carrying construction materials and other tasks assigned by the expert construction crew.
We will connect you with a team leader within two business days. The team leader will tell you more about the build and learn about you. After speaking with the team leader, donate or fundraise your deposit to secure your spot on the team. The team leader will help you prepare and lead you during the trip.
Have a question?
Your team leaders, Sara Doud and Sally Fillmore would love to tell you more about trip! Email Sally and Sara at email@example.com.
Sally Fillmore and Sara Doud have co-led five other Global Village trips. “Each one has been a unique opportunity to help families achieve the life-changing goal of being able to live in a simple, decent home. In addition we get to meet interesting new volunteers, reconnect with some that have traveled with us before, catch a glimpse of another culture, hone our building skills and have fun doing it all. Please consider joining us for an unforgettable experience!”