Hoa Binh, Vietnam
Trip cost: US$2,100
Join us in Vietnam, a country known for its peaceful people, beautiful beaches, rivers, religious temples and bustling cities. With the friendly people and rich culture, you and your team will be tempted to stay.
Since affordable housing can be difficult to find, the Vietnamese people are forced to pay high rent in overcrowded areas with poor sanitation facilities. Partner with Habitat for Humanity Vietnam to help bring strength, stability and independence to a family in need of a decent place to live.
After volunteering during the day, you will have free time in the evenings for excursions, relaxation and reflection. During your day off, you and your team will enjoy market tours, museum visits, and other historical sites. In a cooking class, you will learn how to cook Vietnamese food, one of the healthiest cuisines in the world.
Program donation and fundraising
About half of the trip cost is a direct contribution to Habitat’s work, and the rest covers your volunteer experience.
You may fundraise or give the program donation. Fundraising is as easy as telling your friends, family and co-workers about why you build with Habitat for Humanity. They may even ask to join the team! We set you up with a great website and coaching for success.
Champion volunteers set a fundraising goal over the minimum. Every donation you raise keeps Habitat building after your team returns home and helps us serve another family.
- Days 1-2, Travel. Recommended departure day and travel time from the United States.
- Day 3, Welcome. Arrive in DaNang where your team leader will greet you and take you to meet your teammates over dinner.
- Day 4, Orientation. Travel to Hoa Binh where Habitat will share about their innovative work and your team’s project during a welcome dinner.
- Days 5-8, Build. Your team will build with local, skilled construction workers. After work, the team will have time for excursions, rest and reflection meetings.
- Day 9-10 Explore. Immerse yourself in the local culture and experience the community firsthand while getting to know your team.
- Days 11-14, Build and celebrate. Continue to work on the build site with excursions and rest time in the evenings. On the final day, enjoy a farewell ceremony and dinner with the families.
- Day 15, Travel. Return to Hanoi with free time for excursions and rest.
- Day 16, Goodbyes. Continue your journey in Vietnam independently or return home.
Meals and accommodations
The team will stay in modest, comfortable hotels in double-occupancy rooms. Lunch will be on the build site, while breakfast and dinner will be at the hotel or local restaurants.
Type of work for volunteers
Some of the tasks include transporting materials; filling foundations with dirt stone and sand; compacting floor; mixing mortar; laying bricks; cleaning and painting windows and doors. All tools and construction site materials will be provided by the affiliate, and a professional construction leader will always be present on-site.
We will connect you with a team leader within two business days. The team leader will tell you more about the build and learn about you. After speaking with the team leader, donate or fundraise your deposit to secure your spot on the team. The team leader will help you prepare and lead you during the trip.
Your team leader, Hugh Mitchell, will lead this team in the field and would love to speak with you. Please contact him at email@example.com.
When asked about previous Global Village experiences, Hugh said, “There have been so many wonderful trips and builds that it is impossible to state that one event or memory is the most significant. The continual learning, sharing and being part of another culture are ongoing experiences that become lifelong memories.”