Volunteer with a holistic development project that builds decent housing as well as economic growth and communal resources.
Trip cost: US$1,960
Join this nine-day Global Village trip building new homes for families in Honduras!
Partner with Habitat for Humanity Honduras to help bring strength, stability and independence to a family in need of a decent place to live.
As you build with the family, you’ll be welcomed into the community. Eat traditional food and meet the neighbors whose community you’re helping to improve. This trip is a unique opportunity to experience life inside the culture.
After volunteering during the day, you will have free time in the evenings for excursions, relaxation and reflection. During your days off, you and your team will explore the Pineapple Plantation and the Cayos Cochinos marine reserve.
Global Village sends volunteers to build with Habitat for Humanity projects across the world. Get your hands dirty on the work site, meet families whose housing situations have been improved with Habitat’s help, experience the area like an insider and do it all alongside a team of like-minded volunteers. No experience is required! This build is your next step with Habitat to make the world a better place.
Program donation and fundraising
You may fundraise or give the program donation. Fundraising is as easy as telling your friends, family and co-workers about why you build with Habitat for Humanity. They may even ask to join the team! We set you up with a great website and coaching for success.
Champion volunteers set a fundraising goal over the minimum. Every donation you raise keeps Habitat building after your team returns home and helps us serve another family.
- Day 1: Welcome. Arrive in San Pedro Sula airport where your team leader will greet you and take you to meet your teammates. Travel to La Ceiba.
- Day 2: Orientation. Learn about Habitat’s innovative work and your team’s project. Then enjoy a rainforest hike at Pico Bonito National Park.
- Day 3: Discover. Visit Pineapple Plantation and Artisans village El Pino.
- Day 4: Discover. Visit the Honduras State University and participate in a cooking class in the Garifuna community.
- Days 5-7: Build. Skilled construction workers will guide you and your team as you build. The team will have time for excursions, rest and reflection meetings in the evenings.
- Day 8: Explore. Visit Cayos Cochinos marine reserve.
We will connect you with a team leader within two business days. The team leader will tell you more about the build and learn about you. After speaking with the team leader, donate or fundraise your deposit to secure your spot on the team. The team leader will help you prepare and lead you during the trip.
Your team leader, Kristen Burgun, would love to tell you more about trip! Email Kristen at email@example.com.
When asked about previous Global Village experiences, Kristen said, "I have been leading teams for six years and every build is special and life-changing! My favorite part is working with the local family and community and doing some concrete dancing!"