Trip cost: US$1,760
Join us as we travel to the picturesque mountain region of southwest Vermont where you will help build safe, affordable homes for partner families in the historic community of Manchester.
- Spend the week helping with various stages of construction for a partner family’s new home.
- Experience the breathtaking beauty of the Vermont area through outings in the community.
- Learn about Habitat’s work in the Bennington area and see firsthand the difference you’re making with your time, sweat and resources.
Global Village sends volunteers to build with Habitat for Humanity projects across the world. Get your hands dirty on the work site, meet the families whose housing situation you are improving, experience the area like a local and do it all alongside a team of like-minded volunteers. No experience is required! This build is your next step with Habitat to create a world where everyone has a decent place to live.
Program donation and fundraising
You may fundraise or give the program donation. Fundraising is as easy as telling your friends, family and co-workers about why you build with Habitat for Humanity. They may even ask to join the team! We will set you up with a great website and coaching for success.
Consider setting a fundraising goal over the minimum. Every donation you raise keeps Habitat building after your team returns home and helps us serve another family.
- Sunday: Arrive at Albany, New York, airport and meet the rest of your team.
- Monday: Bennington Area Habitat staff will explain their work in the region during a welcome orientation for the group, followed by work on the build site.
- Tuesday-Friday: Work on the build site during the day, followed by dinner and evening activities.
- Saturday: Spend a day exploring Manchester and visiting the local sites and nature scenes.
- Sunday: Team members may depart for home or continue personal travel.
Meals and accommodations
Teams will be housed at a vacation rental and will prepare meals and visit local restaurants.
Types of work for volunteers
A variety of construction tasks await volunteers. All work will be done under the direction of a construction supervisor. Tools and safety equipment will be provided by the affiliate.
We will connect you with a team leader within two business days. The team leader will tell you more about the build and learn about you. After speaking with the team leader, donate or fundraise your deposit to secure your spot on the team. The team leader will help you prepare and lead you during the trip.
Kate Collinson will lead this team in the field and would love to speak with you. Email Kate at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When asked about previous Global Village experiences, Kate said, “I love the moment that occurs on each build when you look around and your team is fully engaged, comfortably working and interacting with the partner family and local workers. I’m aware in that moment that we’re changing lives – for everyone involved!”