Trip cost: US$2,255
Join this 10-day Global Village trip building seed homes with partner families and volunteering with Habitat’s community partners in Argentina.
- Build a new seed home in an urban community. Through a microfinance program, the family will continue to expand the house after your team returns home.
- Share a mate with partner families and hear their stories. The team will also be staying in the heart of Buenos Aires, so you’ll have time to explore the bustling city.
- Volunteer alongside a community partner on a service project. You’ll see firsthand how Habitat works with local organizations to build holistic solutions beyond the home.
- Experience an immersive and building trip. Your team will learn how Habitat is strengthening the abilities and resources of marginalized communities in Argentina from the national director and staff.
Program donation and fundraising
Of the cost, 41 percent is a direct contribution to Habitat’s work, and the rest covers your volunteer experience.
You may fundraise or give the program donation. Fundraising is as easy as telling your friends, family and co-workers about why you build with Habitat for Humanity. They may even ask to join the team! We set you up with a great website and coaching for success.
Volunteers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal over the minimum. Every donation you raise keeps Habitat building after your team returns home and helps us serve another family.
- Days 1-2, Travel. Depart from home and join us in Buenos Aires, Argentina! Habitat will greet you when you arrive and take you to meet your team at your project site.
- Day 3, Explore. The team will go sightseeing in and around Buenos Aires and sample local cuisine.
- Day 4, Orientation. Learn about Habitat’s innovative work and your team’s project from Habitat Argentina’s national director. The team will start building seed houses in the afternoon.
- Days 5-8, Build. The team will dig the foundation, mix cement and assist the local masons to build a new seed home. The team will have time for excursions, rest and reflection meetings in the evenings.
- Day 9, Community service. Meet local partners who are meeting the needs of the community we are building in and then team up to work on a community service project. Then we will relax and barbecue with our partner families and Habitat Argentina staff.
- Day 10, Goodbyes. Continue your journey in Argentina independently or head on home.
Meals and accommodations
The team will stay in modest, comfortable hotels in double-occupancy rooms. The team will usually eat lunch on the build site, with breakfast and dinner at the hotel or local restaurants.
We will connect you with a team leader within two business days. The team leader will tell you more about the build and learn about you. After speaking with the team leader, donate or fundraise your deposit to secure your spot on the team. The team leader will help you prepare and lead you during the trip.
Your team leader, Josh Schellhammer, would love to tell you more about trip! Email Josh at email@example.com.
When asked about previous Global Village experiences, Josh said, “There are so many amazing memories I've made with Habitat, but I think that the first one that comes to mind is from Ethiopia. We were helping to build to build traditional chika houses, and one stage of building the house is that you get to take large clumps of mud and straw to fill in the walls which were made from eucalyptus poles. Let's just say we were all doing a great job, but also a great job at covering each other in it as well.”