Critical home improvement
Trip cost: US$2,090
Habitat Poland is serving families dealing with the legacy left by communist economic and social policies. Despite recent reforms, overcrowded and damp housing without proper sanitation is still the reality for far too many of Poland’s low-income working families.
The team will get their hands dirty on the build site with demolition work, installing insulation, plastering or painting. Throughout the week you’ll tour local markets, visit museums and learn more about Gilwice through a walking tour. You’ll stay in double-occupancy hotel rooms near the project site and enjoy dinner out at local restaurants.
- Friday: Depart. Grab your packed bags and depart for Poland!
- Saturday: Arrive. Join us in Poland where you’ll be greeted by Habitat staff at the airport. Meet the rest of your team and enjoy dinner together.
- Sunday: Explore. Experience the community with your team and learn more about Habitat’s work in the area.
- Monday-Saturday: Build. Breakfast served before traveling to work site; work from 8 a.m.-3 p.m. with lunch on-site; free time after work to clean up; dinner in local restaurants; free time for team activities.
- Sunday: Explore. Travel to Krakow, Poland where you’ll have free time to explore the local attractions and then share a final dinner in Poland with your team.
- Monday: Goodbyes. Continue your journey in Poland independently or head home.
Leading this trip
Mandy Jansen is leading this trip and is excited to tell you more about the experience!
When asked about Global Village, Mandy said, “Each trip I attend and lead is an honor and a privilege. I learn so many things about the country and people and how Habitat’s mission translates in another culture! I’m so excited to experience Habitat in Poland.”