La Ceiba, Honduras
Trip cost: US$1,995
Travel to Honduras and help Habitat for Humanity build homes for families in need of safe, decent and affordable shelter.
This team will travel to La Ceiba, a young and vibrant city along the coast. The region includes a rainforest, marine and wildlife reserve. This area of La Ceiba has long been the operations center of the Standard Fruit Company, producing bananas, pineapples, grapefruits, rambutan, litchi, palm oil and many other agricultural goods that Honduras exports.
You’ll support the local economy while dining on delicious Honduran cuisine at nearby restaurants each night and staying double occupancy in a modest, comfortable hotel. On the build site you’ll participate in a variety of construction tasks vital to the construction of the home including digging, carrying bricks, mixing cement, compacting dirt, moving materials and painting.
- Saturday: Arrive. Arrive at San Pedro Sula airport, where Habitat for Humanity staff welcomes you. You’ll meet the rest of the team, travel to the La Ceiba and enjoy dinner family style at a local restaurant.
- Sunday: Learn. Habitat staff will introduce you to our work in Honduras and show you the community where you’ll work.
- Monday-Friday: Build. Get your hands dirty on the build site during the day, stopping for lunch and breaks. Enjoy free time and relax with your team in the evenings.
- Saturday: Explore. Absorb local Honduran culture and celebrate the week with a final dinner with the team.
- Sunday: Goodbyes. Continue your journey in Honduras independently or head home.
Leading this team
Connie Genger has led Global Village teams all across Latin America. When asked about her fondest trip memories, Connie said, “It fills my heart to be able to see the joy in the team and the partner families.”
Apply now to join this team or email Connie for more information about the experience.