Trip cost: US$2,010
Join us in Krabi, a region of Thailand known for its beautiful beaches and stunning limestone cliffs, as you work alongside a family to build strength, stability and self-reliance through shelter.
High-end resorts are spread throughout the province, nonetheless, living conditions for most locals are less than agreeable. Many residents live in old houses constructed out of temporary materials that have deteriorated further from exposure to the coastal elements. Families often live with several other family members in these small homes, creating very crowded conditions.
During this trip, you'll become immersed in the Thai culture and build alongside a future homeowner as they work to bring strength, stability and self-reliance to their family.
Your days will be spent with a shovel in your hand as you move dirt, dig septic tanks, mix concrete and lay foundations. Not only are you helping to build a home, your work will also boost a family’s economic opportunities and improve their health.
Plus, you’ll get to see Thailand’s amazing Buddhist temples and learn to cook authentic Thai cuisine. Teams stay in double occupancy hotel rooms and enjoy a Thai style buffet at lunch each day with breakfast and dinner at the hotel or nearby restaurants.
- Thursday and Friday: Travel. Grab your packed bags and head towards Thailand!
- Saturday: Arrive. Land at Krabi International Airport where Habitat staff will greet you when you arrive and take you to meet your team. You’ll enjoy a welcome dinner with your fellow volunteers and learn more about Habitat’s work in the area.
- Sunday: Explore. Experience the local culture with a visit to a nearby temple, markets and restaurants.
- Monday-Thursday: Build. Serve on the build site and enjoy free time, reflection and team activities in the evenings.
- Friday: Celebrate. Spend part of the day on the build site and enjoy a dedication ceremony to close out the week.
- Saturday: Goodbyes. Your journey in Thailand may continue independently, or you may depart for home.
Leading this team
Steve Acton is leading this team and has built with Habitat all around the world, including Guatemala, Cambodia, New Mexico, Costa Rica, China and so many more. He’s excited to tell you more about how to join this team!