Buenos Aires, Argentina
Trip cost: US$2,385
Join this Global Village build in Argentina and experience how Habitat serves families in urban areas through microfinance programs. You’ll build alongside homeowners who are building a foundational “seed” house. They’ll continue to expand the house after your team heads home.
While you get to know the local community, you’ll also learn how Habitat Argentina is strengthening the abilities and resources of marginalized groups in the region. Experience Argentine culture as if you’re a local while immersing yourself in building holistic housing solutions throughout the week.
You can expect to stay double occupancy in a modest and comfortable hotel. The team will eat lunch on the build site with breakfast and dinner at the hotel or nearby in local restaurants.
- Friday: Depart. Grab your packed bags and head towards Argentina.
- Saturday: Arrive. Join us in Buenos Aires where Habitat staff will greet you upon arrival and take you to meet up with the rest of your team.
- Sunday: Explore. Go sightseeing in and around Buenos Aires and sample local cuisine.
- Monday: Learn and build. Discover Habitat’s innovative work in the region and find out about your team’s project. The team will start building seed houses in the afternoon.
- Tuesday-Friday: Build. The team will dig the foundation, mix cement and assist the local masons to build a new seed home. The team will have time for excursions, rest and reflection meetings in the evenings.
- Saturday: Community service. Meet local partners who are meeting the needs of the community we are building in and then team up to work on a service project. Then relax and barbecue with your homeowner family, Habitat Argentina staff and your team.
- Sunday: Goodbyes. Continue your journey in Argentina independently or head on home.
Leading this team
Kate Ristroph will lead this team and is eager to tell you more about the experience.
When asked about leading to Argentina, Kate said, “I’m excited to lead a team to Argentina because I think Global Village allows people a wonderfully unique way to get to know communities and a culture, to learn while doing something positive for others and of course having fun! I’ve been fortunate to work alongside great teams when leading builds in Jordan and Romania. It will be my first time in Argentina but I’m excited to try out my Spanish and tango skills!”