Water for Lives - Brazil
Trip cost: US$2,165
Devastated by drought, many families have suffered with little access to clean drinking water and poor sanitation. Help Habitat for Humanity Brazil implement their Water for Lives project by building cisterns in local communities.
You and your team will work beside local masons and neighbors to provide accessible, clean water for these families. Your work will have a lasting impact as Habitat will continue to support the families through workshops and trainings after your team returns home.
After volunteering during the day, you will have free time in the evenings for excursions, relaxation and reflection. During your day off, you and your team will explore Old Recife and Olinda City or Porto de Galinhas Beach. With a packed itinerary, your mind will be buzzing with cultural exchanges and your heart full for the beautiful people of Brazil.
On this trip you’ll serve provide access to clean, safe drinking water for multiple homeowners through Habitat Brazil’s cistern project. You’ll stay double occupancy in a local hotel or retreat center where you’ll have breakfast and dinner at the hotel or local restaurants and lunch on the build site.
- Saturday: Depart. Grab your packed bags and head for Brazil!
- Sunday: Arrive. Join us in Brazil where you’ll be greeted at the airport by Habitat staff and you’ll meet the rest of your team over dinner. Habitat will share about their innovative work and brief the team on the project.
- Monday-Thursday: Build. Your team will build with local, skilled construction workers. After work, the team will have time for excursions, rest and reflection meetings.
- Friday: Celebrate. Enjoy your final day of building with partner families before the dedication ceremony and rest and reflection in the evening.
- Saturday: Explore. Visit Old Recife and Olinda City or Porto de Galinhas Beach. Reflect upon the week’s experiences in a local restaurant for your final team dinner.
- Sunday: Goodbyes. Depart for home or continue your journey in Brazil independently.
Leading this team
Nari Malkhasyan will lead this special team to Brazil and would love to tell you more about the experience!
When asked about why she’s excited to lead this team, Nari reflected, “The most impactful Habitat moment for me was getting the opportunity to revisit Doa Sonia’s home in Nicaragua that I build as a volunteer in 2015. Through tears, she showed me a framed photo of our team that was hanging on her wall and told me that my team and I will always be welcome to come home to Nicaragua.”